Unfortunate effects of unethically run companies...

Discussion in 'Community' started by RogueLdr, Jul 24, 2002.

1. RogueLdr macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2002
    People's Republic of Ann Arbor
    I caught the bit on MacMinute concerning Apple's 52-week low in the stock market. It seems that the whole market is crumbling due to the horrible mismanagement of several quite prominent companies. On the plus side, now would seem to be a very good time to buy into our favorite tech company.;)

Apple's current stock price reflects the market as a whole much more than it does Apple in particular. With it's recent inroads in the consumer and retail arenas, Apple should come out strong after the WorldCom/Enron/etc. scare dies down.

Any opinions?
  2. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I think Apple will be just fine...... :) Although it is a good time to buy at the moment....... but definitely not the way to go if you want to make a quick buck...... Did I just say 'Buck' ahhhhhh.... I meant 'quid'.............. :D :p :p
  3. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    Apple should survive, they have good management and are for the moment finantially secure.

The only problem for them is inceasing there market share, this will be done soon enough :)

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    unfortunately, I don't think Enron and WorldCom are going to be the only ones going down. The general scare which has drastically affected the market is not going to rebound any time soon due to lack of confidence - this will only change given enough time. But until then investors, venture capital and banks are backing out and being more careful where they put there money. The was a recent article on cnnFn (I think, not sure) how gold is becoming more popular with investors due to the problems with the market, ha! That to me says it all.