Unicef and Terror funding [split]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by janitorC7, Jan 5, 2007.

1. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I dont want to Hijack this thread but just one thing to say on this..,.

DO NOT give money to UNICEF.

There are much better organizations to give to where the money does not actually go into the hands of UN Bureaucrats, give to smaller organizations where the money actually gets to the people who need it and not the pockets of, (I think that the most recent UNICEF scandal involved IRAN using the Money to pay off terrorists) well, for lack of a more fitting word: BAD PEOPLE...

UNICEF: Good Idea, Terrible Execution.

IPOD:
    I had a 2nd Gen 10 GB
    4th GEN 20 GB
    Shuffle 1gb
    Getting as soon as it comes out: VIDEOOOOOO IPOD

well thats my $0.02

peace

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what are you talking about?

3. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Sorry, I meant Palestine.

I'm not implying that UNICEF or for that matter the UN is being malicious in an attempt to fund terror.

However UNICEF is negligent in following the flow of the money and though this money that was given to the Palestinian government to support their people was used by extremest leaders to pay off/compensate the family of Homicide Bombers, thus making the idea of being a homicide bomber more attractive to the average person who is having trouble supporting their family.

It should be noted that I believe that UNICEF was a noble idea, however at this point, in the case of serving its purpose had become next to useless.

My other $0.02
    Cooper

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i've not heard that. do you have a link?

i'm going to request that this be split off into the political area.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm assuming you're talking about how UNICEF gave support to Palestinian children hurt by the war between them and Israel. However, I'm not finding anything about them sending money to actually help terrorists. If some was taken while they were trying to help, which I also can't find any info on, I don't see how that's any reason to stop supporting them either.

A link would help, otherwise it's just conjecture.