Unicode Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stevietheb, Nov 10, 2005.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Is there a way I can associate a certain font with a certain input menu?

For example, I often have to type Greek and Hebrew in addition to English. When I switch to Greek, rather than using Arial, or whatever unicode font the System likes, I'd like to have it use a different font by default. The same goes for Hebrew.

Is this possible?

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

what application do you want to do it in?

Word or email application? I don't think there is a setting you can change however, that is scriptable via applescript or microsoft by basic etc.

3. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I would want to be able to do it in every app...but the most important, at the moment, would be OmniOutliner Pro.

4. DrRock macrumors regular

Similar question

Don't know if this applies here, but being new to mac, what is the mac equivalent of a PC's "character map" function?

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

First, off I don't have any experience with your particular language. however, you can do this.

goto pref then international settings. after check the language and keyboard you want. i assume you already done this. at the bottom check the show on input menu bar.

you should see a little flag on top. ok now you can select whatever language on keyboard setting you have setup. for "most" application the font will switch if you create a new document. for example, in word if i select one the chinese language on my menu then create a new document the correct font will be selected. Most other application should work this way as well. if you are written multi language documents I am sure how that works.