Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
i'm sorry for starting a new thread for this, i searched but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for.

my harddrive crashed and i got a new one installed...with the exception of a few documents, i've recovered most everything from my external drive. the one thing that really bothers me now is the lack of a "unified" mac interface. previous to the mysterious crash, i had a hack installed that made nearly every window look similar to the Mail 2.0 window (white plastic). i installed "unifier" as an application enhancer, but i'm almost 100% positive this is not what i had before.

i know i got the link somewhere on these forums, yet i am unable to find it again. can anyone steer me in the right direction?

what i'm looking for:
-unifies all windows (including finder)
-safari address bar/favorites is not split (as it is with "unifier")
-no pinstripes

maybe i'm dreaming, but i'm almost positive i had this before, because the way os x looks now is borderline unacceptable.

thanks.

dephlt

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2005
i dunno, uno is a little harsh for my liking.
everything is ... flat?

i dont really know, i dont think that it really matches the whole os x look,

haha, i think that it's a personal thing, pinstrips look soft and soothing :p

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I'm a huge fan of Uno myself. I was using unifier until I discovered Uno. The unsanity stuff scares me...I definitely noticed quirks that seemed to melt away when I stopped running APE. However, I would really like to get the WindowShade functionality...

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
stevietheb said:
I'm a huge fan of Uno myself. I was using unifier until I discovered Uno. The unsanity stuff scares me...I definitely noticed quirks that seemed to melt away when I stopped running APE. However, I would really like to get the WindowShade functionality...

Same here. Uno is amazing! Makes everything look consistent and light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.