unified plastic look?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Whigga Spitta, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

i'm sorry for starting a new thread for this, i searched but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for.

my harddrive crashed and i got a new one installed...with the exception of a few documents, i've recovered most everything from my external drive. the one thing that really bothers me now is the lack of a "unified" mac interface. previous to the mysterious crash, i had a hack installed that made nearly every window look similar to the Mail 2.0 window (white plastic). i installed "unifier" as an application enhancer, but i'm almost 100% positive this is not what i had before.

i know i got the link somewhere on these forums, yet i am unable to find it again. can anyone steer me in the right direction?

what i'm looking for:
    -unifies all windows (including finder)
    -safari address bar/favorites is not split (as it is with "unifier")
    -no pinstripes

maybe i'm dreaming, but i'm almost positive i had this before, because the way os x looks now is borderline unacceptable.

thanks.

2. dephlt macrumors newbie

3. Whigga Spitta thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, thanks for the speedy response. i'm pretty sure that's what i had before...might i ask why you like unifier better?

4. dephlt macrumors newbie

i dunno, uno is a little harsh for my liking.
    everything is ... flat?

i dont really know, i dont think that it really matches the whole os x look,

haha, i think that it's a personal thing, pinstrips look soft and soothing :p

5. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I'm a huge fan of Uno myself. I was using unifier until I discovered Uno. The unsanity stuff scares me...I definitely noticed quirks that seemed to melt away when I stopped running APE. However, I would really like to get the WindowShade functionality...

6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

7. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Same here. Uno is amazing! Makes everything look consistent and light.