Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unnamed1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Being dim that I am I managed to pick up the logic express upgrade disc rather than the full version itself.

Basically can anyone tell me how to uninstall the thing, it got all the way to the insert your usb key area and it has chucked various unknown files on my mac.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Many thanks

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
If you already have work saved in Logic Pro this could be quite a pickel.

Normally, removing an application requires dragging the primary application to trash, then searching your system for User/Library/Preferences/.plists
Also look in Application support files both in your User/Library and HD Library.

You should be able to find all the related files searching your hard drive and using spotlight.

Hidden files may be a bit harder and require the use of FileBuddy.

The hardest part may be knowing which files are for Logic Pro and which are for Express.

Unnamed1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
hi,

thanks for the reply :)

I never actually had logic pro in the first place...

All I had was the upgrade disc which needed Logic Pro 6 which i dont have.

I installed it all the way until it prompted for my USB device and then quit out

Basically it had installed Logic Express 7 but not activated it...

I just dragged the Logic express app to the trash, but it must have installed other files too.

Does anyone know what or where they are?

Many thanks

Father Fred

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2008
I am replying for everyone's benefit, including my own - hopefully when I have to do this again and forget how and google search I'll find my way here and tell myself the answer!!!!

Files need deleting from all sorts of places starting with these 3 in the user section -

~/Library/Application Support/companyorappname
~/Library/Preferences/com.companyname.appname.plist
~/Library/Appliaction Support/companyorappname

But also -

Macintosh Hard Drive/Library/Application Support
Macintosh Hard Drive/Logic

and most importantly -

Macintosh Hard Drive/Library/Receipts

This last one appears to be the key!!!!

Good luck all!

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
Maybe you should also try a free program called app cleaner. Be sure to do a search under the applications option and see how many additional footprints are left besides the ones others have told you. Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.