Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heroric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
ny. ny
I regret that I installed 10.3.1 and I want to get rid of it. Does anyone know how I can do this? I just want to go back to 10.3

heroric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
ny. ny
I tried reinstalling 10.3 but it wouldn't let me because I already had Panther on my system. I guess I should do a clean install? I've never done one with OS X. Can someone let me know how to do it?

The 10.3.1 problems started with my system preferences... they constantly quit. Now my font organizer (Font Reserve), which was great, won't start. It's effecting IE and Entourage too. More and more apps won't work, and I have to restart often to get them open.

joker2

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2003
DC area
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but have you tried starting up from the CD and using repair permissions? That seems to be the first and best thing to do with X.

macphisto

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2002
At home
Actually, it sounds like you might have a bad font in your system. Try moving your fonts from your /users/yourcomputersname/library/fonts/ and see if that helps. The corrupt font could also be in your /library/fonts/ folder as well. Check it out.

I had the same problem, except no apps would start, then I realized that I had added a font shortly before the problem occurred and now everything works fine.

Good luck. :)

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I heard from the Apple support boards that people who had Safari and iChat constantly crashing on them found that those issues were caused by corrupt fonts, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.