Uninstalling AOL Connect

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BadlyDrawnGirl, Sep 24, 2006.

1. BadlyDrawnGirl macrumors member

While at my parents' house for two weeks, I installed a little utility called AOL Connect that would allow me access to AOL dialup without having to download the actual AOL software. Now that I don't need it anymore, I've tried to uninstall it, but the stupid little icon is still up at the top of my menu bar next to my Airport and Volume icons. How do I get rid of that thing? It's kind of annoying...

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

How did you try to uninstall it? Did you use the uninstaller? And did you restart afterwards?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't have experience with that particular app, but try command-dragging it off the menu bar.

4. BadlyDrawnGirl thread starter macrumors member

It didn't seem to come with an uninstaller so I just dragged the application into the trash. I can't drag the icon off the menu bar either, it just sits there. Grr.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

From the ReadMe:

You should be able to find the uninstaller in /Library/Application Support/AOL. If the uninstaller doesn't work because you got rid of the app (it should though), try to reinstall the app and then run the uninstaller.