Uninstalling Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bdugan, Mar 30, 2007.

1. bdugan macrumors regular

I downloaded the trial software of Intego Virus barrier and cannot figure out how to uninstall it. Does anyone have any advice?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. bdugan thread starter macrumors regular

I did that but it still shows its Castle Icon on the top portion of my computer near the time. Any ideas to get rid of that?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try holding COMMAND and drag it off the Menu Bar. Also, do a search for Intego and delete where appropriate. Maybe then try a restart. :)

5. reubs macrumors 68000

I like uApp for doing stuff like this. It's like App Zapper, but free and with a less cool interface. I'll take free and lame over zippy and $15 (or however much it is...)

6. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Despite the cost, I like AppZapper. Not to mention I like supporting shareware authors - they almost always seem to get it right . . .

One thing that's nice about AppZapper is the ability to see what you're going to "zap" before it happens. This is a good feature, as it allows you to see what's being deleted, and edit the list if you desire.

MD

7. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

AppZapper FTW! I use it and I love it. Plus, if you hang around MacZot long enough, you're bound to get it at a discount ;)

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah addzapper all the way is such a great app.