Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjmoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Hey All,

New to the forums here. Just had a question and was having a hard time searching for the answer. I'm sure it's here so if this topic has already been hit, I'd appreciate a bounce to an existing thread.

I'm basically wondering if the Safari application can be uninstalled/removed from the iPad OS. I want to be able to use another browser that monitors browsing solely, and while I know that there IS a restriction option, I'm wondering if it's possible to remove Safari completely.

Also, is it true that even if restriction of Safari is enabled you can get around it by clicking a link in your email?

Thanks for the help,

Thomas

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
You wouldn't want to 'remove' it since that could have unintended effects on other apps. What you should do is JB and change your default browser.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hey All,

New to the forums here. Just had a question and was having a hard time searching for the answer. I'm sure it's here so if this topic has already been hit, I'd appreciate a bounce to an existing thread.

I'm basically wondering if the Safari application can be uninstalled/removed from the iPad OS. I want to be able to use another browser that monitors browsing solely, and while I know that there IS a restriction option, I'm wondering if it's possible to remove Safari completely.

Also, is it true that even if restriction of Safari is enabled you can get around it by clicking a link in your email?

Thanks for the help,

Thomas

Just use the Restriction settings.

I'm not sure you can uninstall Safari, even under a JailBreak environment. There are extensions that will let you hide the Safari Icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.