unintentional click macbook air mid 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tuna11, Mar 7, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

hello, since a few days may trackpad has a very serious issue! It behaves like the click was locked. it marks text even if i just move the mouse, it drags windows when i move the mouse or opens links in safari when i just move over!

This is very anoying and i wonder if one of you has the same problem or even a solution!

problem is i am on a business trip in australia (i am from europe) and i need to work with my macbook every day and the apple store here in syd does not have time for me in the next week

2. macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    have a look at your trackpad settings in System Preferences.

restart your Mac and hold down option + command + p + r until you hear the start up chime 3 times.

if that don't work, repair permissions in Disk Utility
    http://goo.gl/u1O1y

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

restart doesnt help!

can you give me some infos about the link you posted?

4. macrumors member

My wife MBA had the exact same problem. Took it to Apple store and they replaced the trackpad for free.

I had tried reseting PRAM and everything I could. The problem was that when using the trackpad it sometimes was clicking even thought I didn't click. I had the tap to click disabled.

Take your into an Applestore and they should replace the trackpad... if is out warranty the trackpad is not expensive... $64 I believe.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

i bought it last september, so it should be covered! can you remember how long it took to replace the thing?

6. macrumors member

If they have in stock they replace while you wait, if not a couple days.

7. macrumors newbie

I had same problem. It's a hardware issue, and the apple store said it was common. Overnight repair (under warranty) in my case.