UNIVERSAL! Aperture & Final Cut Studio?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MRU, Mar 22, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well only just over a week left in March.. Where's the pro universal apps?
    Everything seems to gone very quiet :confused:

2. Batcave macrumors newbie

Have you checked the order of your status online?

http://www.apple.com/uptodate/inquiry/

Mine says it is Backordered. I wonder if this is their way of saying they don't have it yet!

Maybe it will ship next friday... :p

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Perhaps when they say in March, they mean, in March. One and half weeks, there is plenty of March left.

4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

This is another one of those "the guy at the apple store said" things that we all know probably-aren't-true-but-we'd-like-to-belive-anyway stories, but I heard that this week is when they will come out. Granted, the guy was asking ME about April 1st rumors so I doubt if he actually knows anything, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....My Soundtrack Pro -> Final Cut Studio says backordered too, but that's okay as I am in no big hurry for it - for me it was more a matter of too good a deal to pass up....oh yeah!

6. jkballer23 macrumors member

7. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Me too, Duff! And thanks to Batcave for the link as I was wondering why I hadn't received word from Apple about receiving my order and install disc. QUESTION: What are your thoughts on what we'll get? Just the disc to upgrade/install or everything that comes in that big box FCStudio comes in? I want everything!! ;)

8. Batcave macrumors newbie

Apple will send you whatever it is you ordered.

For me, I sent in my 4 PPC installation DVDs for the crossgrade, so they will only send me back the 4 universal installation DVDs.

If you are upgrading from one app to the full production suite I would assume they will send you the whole package. (manuals, samples, etc)

But I have been known to be wrong at least once before....

9. Batcave macrumors newbie

I checked again today. No update.

March is slipping away into nothing....

10. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I was just wondering about this. Maybe this will have something to do with April 1st...? I'm anxious to see the reccomended Intel Mac specs for both apps.

11. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Delayed

I've had two emails so far from the UK Apple store. One delaying dispatch to 30 March, the next to 5 April.

What a shame - I hoped to be installing it on my new iMac which arrives tomorrow...

12. iGary Guest

iGary

Now.

What if I want a hard copy of this release to work with my MacBook Pro next year?

13. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Yep,

Certainly not March anymore.
    Aperture web site has stated march for a while for 1.1 Now it's "soon".

Guess that 10.4.6 is partially holding aperture up...

Also igary,

Apple are doing a buyback where if you send off your old Power PC pro-apps, you get the universal version instead for $50.

Attached Files:

14. iGary Guest

iGary

Hmmm - I couldn't find an order page for it, and the text said it would be avilable via Software Update - free.

Confused.

15. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

igary is right...

linky

iGary is correct. Link provided. The text states Aperture 1.1 will be available via Software Update in March.

16. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Ah,

You're correct,
    The new disks appears to be for every pro app bar aperture.

I assume you'll just have to install & run the update before you launch it....

No biggy without the hardcopy though, you'll probably still be able to download the update from apples site separate of software update and keep a copy....

17. rvillanu macrumors newbie

Aperture on Intel Mac woes

I spent 2 evenings creating an album for a bridal shower I shot and every time I exported the album the app quit on me. I had to create it in iPhoto instead...arghh. I can't wait for the update, the clock it ticking! You think Steve has implemented a 24/7 work week for the final push :D

18. Batcave macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for the Final Cut Studio universal binary for quite some time now. I sent in my old PPC installation DVDs a month ago. I haven't received any emails updating me on the status. All I have to go off of is the status page I linked above.

April 5th? I guess that isn't too far away...

I thought it would be announced today for sure. (being Tuesday and all)

Looks like I was wrong.

19. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Anyone think they might be waiting to ship Final Cut Studio Universal at
    the end of April to coincide with NAB? Maybe slip in an FCP6 update to it as well?

I'm waiting to send in my disks to upgrade to Universal until I hear people
    start recieving theirs. At this point, I'll probably wait for NAB to see if there is any
    news on FCP6.

20. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

I posted this in an earlier thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=189707

21. Batcave macrumors newbie

I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple would give me a $499 upgrade for only $49.

Also, they have said for quite some time that the universal version would ship in March. I don't think they would push it back an entire month to give people a new uprgade. Afterall, it is called a "crossgrade".

Just my 2 cents.

22. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Well, it looks like the Universal version of FCS is avaialbe today! It's just been added to the Apple store. Aperture is still not out and neither is Shake. You would think with Aperture being the newest of Apple's apps it would have been done at the start.

23. multitasker macrumors newbie

Crossgrade Update

I checked my order status this morning and it's changed from Backordered to Ordered.

No Ship Date yet, but soon I hope.

Rejoice!

TGP

24. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

If we are looking to April 1st and this media event that hasn't officially been confirmed yet, we are going to be in for one hell of a day. Good job I am off work until the 6th. I get to watch the event unfold, whatever the day and recover from any monumental announcements. It does however appear that some Universal binaries of Pro apps are already shipping/close to shipping without announcement needed.

Aperture 1.1 looks like a hefty upgrade too.

25. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I checked mine as well and it now says "ordered" now too - looks like it should be shipping very soon - new orders of FCS say "ships in 3-5 days"....oh yeah!