Universal Binary Games notes

Discussion in 'Games' started by kballard, Mar 13, 2006.

1. kballard macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2006
    Sunnyvale, CA
    I just stumbled across the Universal Binary Games guide and I want to add info about my own games, so I created this account. I'll do posts with info about each game, then (since I'll have over 5 posts) I'll go edit the wiki with the new information. Hopefully this isn't something you're going to frown upon ;)

First up, Star Wars: KOTOR is listed twice on that page, once as just "Knights of the Old Republic" (which, of course, is what KOTOR stands for).

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Made by Aspyr.

There seems to be no information about it possibly going Universal, and since Jedi Academy has already announced is going Universal but not Jedi Outcast, I expect this will stay ppc-only.

Master of Orion 3

Made by MacSoft

Again, I can't find any information about Universal Binary. I'll probably email them to ask about all their games, but at the moment, the answer is No.

Ghost Recon: Desert Siege

Made by Aspyr

Again, no information indicating a Universal Binary is in the works. I'll probably fire off an email to Aspyr as well about their games.

Tron 2.0

Made by MacPlay

No information about Universal Binaries available here either.

Note: Runs choppy under Rosetta even at lowest graphics settings

Close Combat: First To Fight

Made by MacSoft

Universal Binary release is planned, but most likely a few months off.

Black & White

Made by Feral Interactive

No information here either.

Made by MacPlay

Again, no information.

Published by Ambrosia Software

Universal Binary support is in the works. A month ago a forum post was made asking for beta testers for said Universal Binary.

Already on the list, but here's a note about performance: Slow in the menus, but playable under Rosetta

Universal Binary release is planned, but most likely a few months off.
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    kballard: Serial posting is indeed frowned upon. You will need at least 5 posts about separate topics. Stick around a few days and talk to us in other threads and that won't be a problem.
  3. kballard thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2006
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Oh well. Could someone who already has 5 posts update the guide with this information, then? I'm not all that big on tracking forums, but I guess I'll have to in order to post my information.

BTW, I just emailed several of the game publishers to see if I can get any information on planned Universal Binary releases.