Universal Binary Quark

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Goldcard, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Goldcard macrumors regular

Anybody know when the next version of quark is coming out? I'm specifically looking for the universal binary version. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

tony

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

3. Goldcard thread starter macrumors regular

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm surprised that they are even updating this. I though for all intents and purposes that Quark was dead. I didn't know anyone still used it.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You've been listening to too many Quark XPress haters. It still has the majority of the business, due to workflow issues. The plug-in business helped the product become a lot more efficient years ago.

It's great to see that the ever-slow Quark has gone the other way and become more responsive--a lot more.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

LOL. :p

I work in an art/design lab at my university. I do very little design myself (I run the server and machines). We had Quark installed up until three years ago. We ran a poll and only 2 people out of about 25 professors and grad students said they used quark. At that point we gave both of them their own license of quark and we stopped supporting it in our lab. I was assuming this was the norm. I guess not. :eek:

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Most people will not take the time to learn to use a desktop publishing application. They'll use a word processor for complex documents and a spreadsheet for databases. It's whatever is easiest--at least, that's my experience.