Universal HTML editor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mingisback, Apr 29, 2006.

1. mingisback macrumors regular

I'm looking for a small lightweight html editor.

I'm lazy and don't like to hand code so it has to be WYSIWYG, so.. i can just edit the text and it will create the HTML for me.

I used to use Dreamweaver for this... but it's painfully slow under Rosetta.

iWeb doesn't easily edit blank HTML docs.

Rapidweaver isn't a Universal Binary yet.

Sandvox is still in beta and pretty buggy.

Nvu looks promissing but is still a PPC app.

If anyone knows of a nice Uni-Bin editor out there please post it here... any info would be much appreicated.

2. sabor macrumors regular

sabor

3. mingisback thread starter macrumors regular

I've heard a lot of people having issues with Freeway, but i'll give it a try.

anyone else have any suggestions?

lookin for a lightweight small app.

freeware or shareware preferred. :)

4. pna macrumors 6502

I did a search a few days ago for 'nvu universal binary' on google and remember turning up a couple of forum posts where members had contributed intel builds (that seemed like they worked well) and posted them on the forum board. I'm sure if you search you will find them. Otherwise, I'm guessing that nvu (and html editing in general) is such a small task that even using the PPC version will be more than acceptable performance wise.

5. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

i think goldfish may be a UB. it's an ok app.

PS i just signed up to download sanvox. they said they'd send a link to download, but i have gotten no email, and i signed up 2 hours ago. anybody wanna pm me a link to download? it's free software, they just want you to sign up for the mailing list, which ive done.