universal iTunes visualizers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by janey, May 13, 2006.

1. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    Heyas all,
    I just recently discovered that none of my iTunes visualizers worked on my Mac mini (i.e. Gaslight...there's actually a difference between powerpc and intel when it comes to iTunes plugins?!). The only one that did work is a universal one called Eyephedrine, which I'm not too fond of. So I was wondering if any of you guys knew where to get universal visualizers (I'm not too fond of the Apple one either), or some way to get older visualizers to work on Intel macs?

Thanks in advance.
  2. vermagic macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes - this is a problem

As far as I know, we just have to wait for the developers of all the plug-ins visualizers to re-write their software to a "universal" standard - then the Macbook and Macbook Pro will be able to run them.

This is the saddest part of my switch from Powerbook to Macbook, I'm sure they will start writing them for us soon. The guys at the "Genius Desk" at the Apple Store weren't even aware of the issue, but they said some old software won't run on the Macbook/Pro and we need to look for the word "Universal" on the specs page of any software.

Hope this helps.

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2004
    Gaslight isn't universal yet? that's too bad. That would actually put me off buying a new mac if I were in the market for one, I love that visualizer.

Perhaps the developer has been too busy working on coverflow (which has been updated to ub) to bother doing the same with gaslight. Maybe you could email him to ask if/when he plans on updating it? I would myself but 1) I'm lazy 2) I don't require the ub.