Universal joins BigPond

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Mar 9, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

Looks like they have a good collection of music, but their prices are the highest I've seen. You are restricted to just 3 burns!?

3. macrumors regular

Australian service...Australian Rates

The tracks aren't going to be 99c because we're not talking US Dollars here. Despite this, the $1.89 per track still equates to about US$1.45, which seems quite high. But given the discount for Bigpond members, you could be downloading at US$1.10 per track. This seems pretty reasonable, considering CDs are more expensive here, dollar for dollar, than in the US.

BUT BRING ON iTUNES!! I know they are working on it for Australia, as I have talked to some of the higher-ups at Apple Australia, but that was last year and they said it should be available first half of 2004! I hope so.
    Oh well, my current iTunes purchases stands at 121 songs, from gift vouchers and pepsi codes.

4. macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

hmm these prices seem a bit off putting to me maybe iam just not looking at it right :/ or maybe its just that there a rip off :/ .

5. macrumors 68040

mac15

Bigpond is the Microsoft of ISPs, it'll be a cold day in hell before I support them again.