Universal Logitech MX1000 Driver?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bubbasteve, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I am eying the Logitech MX1000 mouse but I just need to make sure it will work with my 20-inch "iMactel"

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before. :eek:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Yeah I guess the driver for that isn't out yet.

4. jroad macrumors member

Hi, I'm a new Mac owner, having just received my mini core duo a few days ago. I have the mini connected to a KVM which has a keyboard and a Logitech MX1000 mouse connected. OS X detected the mouse on its first startup, but it didn't utilize all the buttons. Most notably, I wanted two of the thumb buttons to act as back/forward buttons while browsing. Also, I don't think the two buttons above and below the scroll wheel were working (don't really remember).

So, I tried installing the Logitech drivers but that didn't seem to help. I then found USB Overdrive (http://www.usboverdrive.com) which makes the MX1000 work pretty well. It doesn't seem to recognize the side scroll and the middle thumb button, but that may be due to the fact that I have the MX1000 connected to the KVM with a USB->PS/2 adapter.

So, I guess the bottom line is that a MX1000 with USB Overdrive works on the intel macs.

Regards

5. jkballer23 macrumors member

Any mouse should be able to work. But, to customize it, you'll need third party software, preferably USB Overdrive as the previous user has stated. I use it all the time and it works great.

6. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

The MX1000 is my favorite mouse, the buttons don't get reconised by OS 10, but I tried USB overdrive and it seems like it would work, but i don't understand the software. I give the Logitech MX1000 a 9/10. 1 Point missing for the buttons.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus