University of Phoenix / Axia college

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bob5820, Sep 29, 2006.

1. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Any fellow students enrolled at the University of Phoenix online or Axia College. If so have you had any problems using Mac's to access your class room. I notice that some times the replay link does not work; in Safari anyway I'll need to try another browser.

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

An ex-girlfriend of mine was a University of Phoenix student and I believe she had to use IE for the classroom on her Mac and Thunderbird for email. That's what I remember, anyway. That was a few years ago, though. Things might have changed since then. I do remember that she spent some time on the phone with UOP tech support to find out that she needed to use those apps, so that might be your best avenue for information.

3. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

I am a University of Phoenix graduate student...I use Thunderbird for the classroom folders and Safari for the ebooks and Resources (because Firefox will not access the ebooks properly).

Those apps work perfectly for me! No problems here! :)

4. bob5820 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Thanks, I'll give Thunderbird a try for the forums.

5. Vaughn macrumors newbie

To post reply at AXIA

To post reply at AXIA when the reply button doesn't work, hold down the Apple key while clicking reply. On a Wintel machine, hold down the CTRL key.

Vaughn

6. Caezar macrumors 6502

I am curious to know what do you guys think of the classes. Do you recommend UoP?

7. bob5820 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bob5820

The classes are not bad, but you need to be prepared to do a fair amount of reading and writing papers. The biggest downside to UoP online is it's quite expensive, though so are most of the other online solutions. The forum software they use is pretty basic, looks kind of like a 1970's BBS. I'd like to see something a little more up to date and user friendly. Something like vBulletin which this forum uses. Also for what we are paying I'd like to see some streaming video of lectures. All of the classroom activity is via the forum and instructor interaction is fairly light.