University Special Pricing - $39!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by chickengrease16, Oct 24, 2003.

1. macrumors member

hey, just thought i'd let everyone know ASAP about this...

i'm a student at Florida State University and i just preordered Panther from our computer store on campus for $39!!! in the box and everything, they're not cheaping out here! the URL so you can see is http://computerstore.fsu.edu

it's a special pricing going on, but you have to preorder before 8pm tonight, oct. 24.

Other universities might be doing this too, so make sure you check it out!!!

with tax and everything it was like $45.88 or something.

hope this helps!

2. macrumors 6502a

Are you sure they ship outside campus and stuff?

3. thread starter macrumors member

no you have to pick it up from the computer store on campus. and you have to be a student there.

4. macrumors 6502a

alia

If you look at the normal Apple store online, $39/each is the price they give for buying a 1000+ set of licenses. FSU must have just purchased a buttload of them at that price and is passing the savings on to their students. Very nice of them. UCF isn't doing the same unfortunately.

Alia

5. Moderator emeritus

I didn't see anything about Mac OS X at Valencia CC in Orlando yesterday. The last thing I saw was a 10.1 box at the beginning of summer 2003. :D They did have plenty of boxes of WinXP Pro. Since the whole Graphic Design department runs Macs, you'd think things would be a bit more balanced.

Obviously, central Floriduh is out of the loop, as usual. :D

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors regular

Pretty amazing. I like K-12 pricing too... even after I graduate, my brother will be able to help me otu, he's younger, lol.

8. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

that's awesome man. I wish my school occasionally helped out with prices. :rolleyes: