University Village, Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Eddyisgreat, Jun 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

Whose in? I already know a few people who will probably show up because they do every year lol (devs).

Last year they handed out t-shirts @ around 12-1 in the morning, after they were finished setting up the displays.

I expect a full continental breakfast this time around :p

2. macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Bringing beers, and a grill, probably arrive before midnight .

3. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

heh I might bring down some mike's or something too.

4. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

edit : I won't be there. Mods, feel free to delete this thread or someone who is going can take over.

edit : I'm going again lol.

5. macrumors member

thinking about going to u-village this time around. what's the chaos like there? how early would i need to get there to make sure I can get an iPhone since I wasn't able to pre order one?

6. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

You didn't reserve one?

oooooooooooooo tough call. I know it's going to be busy even for those with reserves.

Might I suggest the ATT store located nearby? Apple might have more stock but you'll be waiting a long time, and if its anything like last time, the reserves will given priority at opening.

7. macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Correct

8. macrumors member

yeah i had all kinds of issues getting stuff to work on the 15th and when i finally got it pre-ordered they said it wouldnt come until July 2nd. So i'm going to try to wait in line on the 24th to get one even if i have to wait for forever.

9. macrumors member

Hopefully it will be like the iPad launch at Alderwood. They had two line going; reserved/pre-ordered and those who were unable to. They were checking in everyone that was in the reserved line before the store open. They would let like 3 people in to the store from the reserve line for every one person from the non reserve line. But of course it was more people then that at a time, that just seemed to be the ratio. That was very very organized and went smoothly, not sure how many people were turned away in the end. When I got their I was like 30 back in the reserved line and by the time I left there were probably 150-200 people in the reserved line and same in non reserve.
    I hope it's the same way this time around.

10. macrumors newbie

midnight? wow.

i was planning to show up around 5, then again i was also planning to get to work before lunch.

went to the att store for the 3g launch, got there an hour before opening. left, with a phone(albeit a white one as they ran out of black), 2 hours later.

11. macrumors newbie

Anyone know if there's already a line here?

Wasn't able to get a preorder in on the 15th so I'm going to try to show up early tomorrow to get a phone...I was hoping I could show at like 5AM and get one? Store opens at 7. I tried calling but they wouldn't give me any idea of how many phones they had in stock.

12. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

YES

Four people in line as of 1:24.

I was told by the manager that they were all there for walkins.

I plan on going in at 7:00 (w/ reserve).

13. macrumors newbie

Maybe I'll have to get there a little earlier, ugh. I take it they are doing 2 lines--one for reservations and one for walk-ins?

Did you ask anyone how many phones they had in stock?

14. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

Yes two lines like last year, One for reservations and one for walk-ins.

I didn't get an inventory check but the Black Shirt manager (dunno what his rank is but he seemed to have authority) I spoke to made it clear that I should get there as early as possible.

15. macrumors newbie

For the 3GS they had a ton of phones...I showed up at like 4PM...waited in line (~150 people) for about 3-4 hours and they still had stock of all phones that evening when I left. Not sure if the iPhone 4 will be as well stocked though.

Did they do preorders for the 3GS?

16. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

They did preorders online (only) to be shipped to your house and reservations (only) to be picked up in store. So you couldn't preorder and pay for a phone and have it sit at the store .

And yes 3G demand was high but this is the first time Apple has had to shut down the reservation system. For the 3G you were able to get one pretty much whenever you wanted to up until launch. I was also able to get multiples (by accident, but I was able to). Not so this time around.

17. macrumors regular

Black shirt is a business rep.

18. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

o

19. macrumors newbie

Any line updates? :)

I'd drive over there but Ballard is SOOO far away

20. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

It's getting a tad bit longer not to mention confusing. Earlier they were lined up to the left which is most logical but now they're on the right, Which is infront of "The Ram" resturaunt.

21. macrumors member

If it was like the iPad line back in April, in front of the Ram is the non-reserved line. they'll line up the the reservations the opposite direction.

22. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

//owned

Thank you. I just walked up and posted up at the end of the "no reservation" line. Then some gentleman asked me if I was there for the phone and I said "yes" then he told me basically what you said.

Lol I assumed that atleast one of them were there with a reservation but nope. I am accidentally first .

Dang I could have stayed at home and sat in the AC.

Anyway current count @ post time is uhh....

Reserve: 1
    Non-Reserve : 12 (Estimate)

Edit: Just saw some lady walk by with hers, I'm assuming she got it early from Apple/Fed Ex. I ain't mad but u can tell she was trying to show it off i.e TROLLING.

23. macrumors member

LOL - My friend who got his in the mail did the same thing at the Southcenter store.

If you're first in the reservation line, I'll make sure to say hi. I'll be getting in line sometime between now and 7am ;)

24. macrumors newbie

Is the walk-in line getting longer?

25. thread starter macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

Yup
    I'd post a pic but vB and iOS don't get along.