unix exe taking over FCP files

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Jabba128@comcas, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Jabba128@comcas macrumors newbie

i have Final Cut Pro media files on an external hardrive. I recently took the drive to Final Cut on a different Mac then I normally use. On this Mac all my FCP files turned into Unix Executable Files. If I take them back to another Mac they turn back into their proper FCP files. Unfortunately FCP files do not have extensions so I cannot just change the extensions on these files. How can I fix this so this Mac and FCP will run my files. Also I tried another friends external drive with FCP files on it and he had no problems with this Mac. FCP opened his files with no problem.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My suspicion is either FCP isn't installed on the other Mac (unlikely), or Final Cut Pro's associations are broken on that Mac (more likely). To fix broken associations, get info on one (or several) of the files you know are meant to be opened with FCP, go to the Open With... section, and choose Final Cut Pro as the application to open these files.