Unknown error 5555 in ITMS!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dr.Zoidberg, Oct 1, 2004.

1. dr.Zoidberg macrumors member

dr.Zoidberg

i can not seem to download any music from ITMS...i keep getting the unknown error 5555 (it says there was an error in the music store) can anybody help me with this? It is rather annoying, and any help would be appreciated....

2. 12ibookg4 macrumors regular

i have gotten that error message before in itms but i can't remeber what i did to fix it. try quiting and restarting itunes or try waiting a while to use the music store ( a few hours ) and do it again.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Is this on a Mac or a PC? Which version of iTunes? Has it always been like this or did it just start? Are you using any download "accelerators"?

4. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

I got that the other day while d/ling the new Green Day cd. I just picked "check for purchased music" and it finished d/ling for me.

It's happened to me acouple of times.

MP

5. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I had to reinstall OS X because of a corrupt file system, and when I tried to re-authorize my computer I get and 5555 error. iTunes 4.6, Mac, and I'm not using any accelerators.

Eidit: tired it agian, seems to be working :)

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Actually, musicpyrite, my question was for the original poster..

7. dr.Zoidberg thread starter macrumors member

dr.Zoidberg

thanks...

i attempted to access ITMS using both my TiBook and my DP1.8G5,they each have different versions of iTunes, the G5 has the latest, it just started this evening, and i am not using any download accelerators.....thanks for anything you can come up with...also, nice Avatar. thanks again.

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

As mwpeters8182 noted, you might want to give iTunes -> Advanced -> Check for Purchased Music a shot.

9. dr.Zoidberg thread starter macrumors member

dr.Zoidberg

suggestions

my inability to download music seems to have ended. not sure if it was anything that i did, dont really think it was. I restarted twice, attempted to then download purchased music, but that was giving me an error 405 or 505 something like that. It seems that after 1am it became able to work again, i wonder if it has to do with too many users or something, cause from 730pm to about 1am i was unable to download or even purchase...now things seem to be ok. Still, it was annoying and i'm glad it seems to have gone away, is this reportable? how does one do that?
    thanks for the suggestions people, certainly glad these forums exist, sometimes even we apple computer users need a little help...SOMETIMES, i said, remember that.

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

11. lacrossestud macrumors newbie

error 5555 wont let me check my account

This error is making it so i cant get into my account.:mad: It says we couldnt complete ur music store request. The music store is currently unavailable.(5555) There is an error in the music store please try agian later.. This makes it so i cant go to advance ipod purchase becuase u need to sign in. I am pretty much at the pitty of Itunes,i hope that it will magically be fixed in a few hours. lets just hope for the best. please tell me if anyone else has had this issue. i when i get this dang thing fixed

12. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey