Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
probably a friend of his notified him that you had posted and that lit a fire on his seat.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Yeah sure.
He got thousands of customers daily and the Canadian unlocks are slower in general.
I don't think he needs to prove himself any further to anyone.

Canadian unlocks are not slower. Some can be done same day or the next. There is no excuse for bad customer service. Period.

wicker21

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I went with swiftunlocks two days ago and it worked without any issues. I did the $1.99 unlock and it took about 6 hours for it to be processed. I did the restore in iTunes and it said the phone had been unlocked. Just to make sure I went to a T-Mobile store yesterday and had them put a SIM card in; worked without any issues. Dumping AT&T today!

Dionte

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Detroit
I went with swiftunlocks two days ago and it worked without any issues. I did the $1.99 unlock and it took about 6 hours for it to be processed. I did the restore in iTunes and it said the phone had been unlocked. Just to make sure I went to a T-Mobile store yesterday and had them put a SIM card in; worked without any issues. Dumping AT&T today!

I'm leaving them too, did 4 unlocks in like 15 -30 minutes.

Digits001

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
Swiftunlock backed up?

I tried swiftunlock for an iphone 5 (att), they said they would get it done in 12-24 hours, long story short they didn't, and left me hanging and just refunded my money with an unsatisfactory explanation.

Below is the email I got from them, while waiting at the airport. Was counting on their service, and got burned. I'm sure he has satisfied customers, just putting it out there that its not a very professional operation.

Product: AT&T IPHONE (12-24 HOURS)
Reason: THIS SERVICE IS DOWN RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE CANCELLING THE ORDER. WE ARE SORRY FOR DELAYS & RESPONSES. WE ARE OVERWHELMED WITH THOUSDANDS OF INQURIES. RIGHT NOW THE SERVICE WILL BE TERMINATED TILL A MORE STABLE SERVICE IS ONLINE. RIGHT NOW THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WORKING IS THE SAME DAY SERVICE AND THOSE ARE 5 USD AT MOMENT AND EVEN THOSE ARE BEING BACKED UP TOO DUE TO HIGH DEMAND. WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND

ratbrain

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
I tried swiftunlock for an iphone 5 (att), they said they would get it done in 12-24 hours, long story short they didn't, and left me hanging and just refunded my money with an unsatisfactory explanation.

Below is the email I got from them, while waiting at the airport. Was counting on their service, and got burned. I'm sure he has satisfied customers, just putting it out there that its not a very professional operation.

Reason: THIS SERVICE IS DOWN RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE CANCELLING THE ORDER. WE ARE SORRY FOR DELAYS & RESPONSES. WE ARE OVERWHELMED WITH THOUSDANDS OF INQURIES. RIGHT NOW THE SERVICE WILL BE TERMINATED TILL A MORE STABLE SERVICE IS ONLINE. RIGHT NOW THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WORKING IS THE SAME DAY SERVICE AND THOSE ARE 5 USD AT MOMENT AND EVEN THOSE ARE BEING BACKED UP TOO DUE TO HIGH DEMAND. WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND

got the same story. my 4s was unlocked last sept and now relocked and purchased instant service back on 9/29/13 and my status still shows processing.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I've never tried swiftunlocks. Either way, I use someone else. They also have or had a 99 cent promo in Sept for iPhone unlocks, and it usually took an hour. If the IMEI is wrong or the code does not work, you get refunded right away. And yes, great customer service. I've used them for more than a year. And 100+ unlocks. No issues.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
This is true last few days. I am using a different service who has been forthcoming. He gave an estimate of 24-48 hours and sent a response 24 hours to let me know they are working on it, but that the entire unlock service is down right now.

Patiently waiting. Can't complain, only paid $2 for it.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
It looks like the cheaper services might be no more. Let's pray that's not the case though.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I've never tried swiftunlocks. Either way, I use someone else. They also have or had a 99 cent promo in Sept for iPhone unlocks, and it usually took an hour. If the IMEI is wrong or the code does not work, you get refunded right away. And yes, great customer service. I've used them for more than a year. And 100+ unlocks. No issues.

100+ unlocks :confused:

chaldo

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
AT&T Unlocks down worldwide I unlock phones also so just letting you know, don't purchase anything until you hear they come back up.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa

He could have just been honest and said there are updates being made at AT&T and the sources he uses aren't able to process the imeis because Snooper is being updated as well. Any questions? Let me know.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
Glad I got my AT&T 5S unlocked a couple days ago before all this happened. I picked the $1.99 unlock from swift unlocks.

ratbrain

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Yes, its true.

I didnt want to believe it either.

Picked up att 4s last september for mom. unlocked via unlock fusion ebay store.

just picked up a tmo 5 and after swapping her tmo sim into the 5, i did a full restore on the 4s back to 5.1.1 in anticipation of selling it.

found buyer and when trying his tmo sim, couldnt activate.

came home and checked imei status and it definitely says its sim locked.

i can activate the phone with dead att sim, but the min i put a tmo sim into it it gives me invalid sim.

i did email unlock fusion and ask why my 4s got relocked and he suggested i updates itunes/IPSW to most recent. none of that crap worked.

ordered instant unlock service on sunday 9/29 and still havent gotten unlock yet.

sorry to thread jack, but yes, it can be relocked.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Yes, its true.

I didnt want to believe it either.

Picked up att 4s last september for mom. unlocked via unlock fusion ebay store.

just picked up a tmo 5 and after swapping her tmo sim into the 5, i did a full restore on the 4s back to 5.1.1 in anticipation of selling it.

found buyer and when trying his tmo sim, couldnt activate.

came home and checked imei status and it definitely says its sim locked.

i can activate the phone with dead att sim, but the min i put a tmo sim into it it gives me invalid sim.

i did email unlock fusion and ask why my 4s got relocked and he suggested i updates itunes/IPSW to most recent. none of that crap worked.

ordered instant unlock service on sunday 9/29 and still havent gotten unlock yet.

sorry to thread jack, but yes, it can be relocked.

Strange situation - definitely not related to any Firmware or anything - thats complete BS what you experienced is/can be due to a glitch in the system. [I would accept firmware related things if it was a Android phone so many things are changed during a flash/update/restore but with Apple its only going up and no going down for the past almost 2 years]

I remember not too long ago Apple Servers were down - its possible when Apple restores the servers from a previous backup that the IMEI's get reversed.

Remember iPhones are tied 100% to Apple's ecosystem along with their IMEI etc, the only control carrier has is the "yes" and "no" when it comes to unlocking that they can tell apple. At the end of the day the IMEI's are tagged on Apple's servers and if those IMEI's were on a server that crashed but perhaps the backup used to restore did not have the IMEI tagged as "unlockable" then its possible one can experienced a re-locked phone.....makes sense? -- Sorry I'm trying to put it into simple words of what really is the only thing that makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.