Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Progress - can't unlock

ME: "It didn't unlock my phone, send my a full refund, I went with another service."

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "we dont get a refund as clearly stated in our description."

ME: "I'm going through paypal scammers!"

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "We are not a scammer... Clearly your a RUDE and inconsiderate customer who clearly cant read or response properly!!!"

ME: "You are clearly foreign."

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "I think you are because you cant respond correctly and seem like the ignorant one. Foreign? If California is foreign then maybe you must be from Mars."

ME: "Corrections:
*not scammers
**you're
***can't
****respond"

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "Enjoy talking to spam idiot"

ME: "Your company is breaking child labor laws. Does your dad know you won't be home for dinner because you're emailing hatred at a customer. This is annoying. ****ing learn how to speak English you foreign piece of crap."

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "Maybe learn to read and go to school trash!
Clearly we speak English and respond but seems like your a retard.. Enjoy talking to spam now!"

ME: ""Enjoy talking to spam now!" - What the **** do you think this is supposed to mean?

ME: "You also need some grammar classes, clearly "Maybe learn to read and go to school trash!"; "Clearly we speak English and respond but seems like your a retard..""

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "I have to talk to idiot in that manner since you cant open your eyes and read the model you are paying to unlock.. If you were half as smart as you thought, stop emailing. We have already contacted paypal. We also have home address, (redacted) and we spam you. Looks like a trash dump just like yourself"

ME: "Grammar... You seriously think you are speaking correctly? - "I have to talk to idiot in that manner""

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "blah blah blah....... Must be a wetback or beaner or trailer trash... I can't tell...."

ME: "None of the above actually. That's not my address or my name... It's totally fake, feel free to check."

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "Perfect. Will contact Paypal about that. Must be a scammer who steals credit cards...Thanks for alerting me dumb ass."

ME: "You're welcome. It'll keep your dumb ass from harassing me!"

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "Ok beaner"

ME: "I'm not Mexican, and I'm not entirely sure why you are calling me a beaner..."

SWIFTUNLOCKS: "You act like one.... Cheap, dumb, ignorant and probably smell like ****. "

ME: "Let's start in this order...
1) Cheap - I told you to refund purely out of principle.
2) Ignorant - If you were American you'd know that you are the idiot: You can't speak English to save your life.
3) Smell like **** - Your accent makes you smell like **** by default."

There's nothing but pure class displayed by both participants in that argument. :rolleyes:

caumong10

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
SWIFTUNLOCKS: Unreliable service, rude and impolite, disrespect many customers

I had to file a Claim with PayPal to get my money back for something they could NOT do, and still refused to refund my money.

Believe it or not: I wish more people would use it so they all can file Claim with PayPal. PayPal said that they noticed a trend with the "dispute/Claim" with SwiftUnlocks.

Last edited:

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
I haven't read through the whole thread, but I wanted to state that I was able to request unlock from ATT directly for both the iPhones and was able to unlock after multiple requests.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I tried swiftunlocks a year ago, they took my imei and payment and hold it twice longer they promised. Finally they gave me money back without unlock. I went with chronic unlock express service(plane was waiting for me) . Was unlocked in 3 hours. I never wrote anything to swiftunlock , but after I read here how rude they are, I never use them again. btw I still getting their spam on a regular basis, going to block, unsibscribe now.
Try https://www.chronicunlocks.com .

caumong10

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
To all:

I am just a customer who tried to unlock my iPhone6. I purchased "premier service" with SwiftUnlocks. This site is a scam. No response whatsoever after 3 days from the date I purchased their service. Opened a dispute in PayPal, got response with "promise to refund", yet no refund was processed. As soon as I can file a CLAIM with PayPal (you have to wait a few days) I will do that immediately...

Bad service, unprofessional, total NOT recommend at all.

All, I am not another Unlocking service who tried to post negative post about SwiftUnlocks. I am just a customer that experienced. I just want to warn you all so you can beware of SWIFTUNLOCKS

canmus

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2015
To all:

I am just a customer who tried to unlock my iPhone6. I purchased "premier service" with SwiftUnlocks. This site is a scam. No response whatsoever after 3 days from the date I purchased their service. Opened a dispute in PayPal, got response with "promise to refund", yet no refund was processed. As soon as I can file a CLAIM with PayPal (you have to wait a few days) I will do that immediately...

Bad service, unprofessional, total NOT recommend at all.

All, I am not another Unlocking service who tried to post negative post about SwiftUnlocks. I am just a customer that experienced. I just want to warn you all so you can beware of SWIFTUNLOCKS
Any update? Did you get your money back? Please let us know.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
FYI:
http://www.geekwire.com/2015/att-su...id-to-unlock-hundreds-of-thousands-of-phones/

AT&T has filed suit against former employees alleged to have been paid tens of thousands of dollars to install malware on company computers to help “hundreds of thousands” of AT&T customers unlock their smartphones without permission.

California-based Swift Unlocks, which allegedly orchestrated the scheme and in turn sold the illicit unlocking services to AT&T customers, is also being sued.

The unlocking of smartphones has been a hotly debated issue as the Federal Communications Commission has introduced new rules over the past few years. Most carriers, including AT&T, often sell phones at discounted rates because they know they can recoup that money by selling their own wireless services for the devices. To make sure customers stay long enough to pay back the phone subsidy, carriers install locking software that won’t allow phones to work on other carriers’ networks. Once you’ve paid off your wireless contract, the FCC now requires carriers to give customers an unlock code that will allow them to take their device to another wireless provider — if they so choose.

AT&T’s suit says Swift Unlocks, based in Anaheim, Calif., was using employees inside AT&T’s customer service center in Bothell, Wash., to secretly obtain unlock codes for devices that were still under contract, which means the carrier had no obligation to release them to competing carriers. An AT&T spokesperson tells GeekWire there was no improper access to private customer information.

There are multiple websites that sell these kinds of services under the Swift Unlocks moniker, including swiftunlocks.com. It offers to unlock AT&T devices, from Apple’s iPhone to Amazon’s Fire Phone, for between $10 and $50. On the company’s website, it describes why someone would want to unlock a phone, saying it can make switching SIM cards for international travel easier, allows you to fetch a higher price when reselling your phone and makes it possible to switch carriers to take advantage of promotions.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-17-at-5.35.22-PM-620x303.png
A&T’s lawsuit was filed this week in federal court in Seattle. The carrier names Kyra Evans, Nguyen Lam and Marc Sapatin as former customer call center employees who knowingly installed malware on company computers to give Prashan Vira, who runs Swift Unlocks, remote access to the machines. Vira, and about 50 others who haven’t been identified yet, are then accused of running programs designed to use the employees’ credentials to access the unlock codes.

Sapatin is accused of trying to recruit another AT&T employee to join the scheme, telling the worker all she needed to do was click a link provided by someone else to download the malware. The program would then run invisibly on her computer, and she would get paid $2,000 every two weeks, according to the lawsuit.

The suit alleges that the scheme allowed Swift Unlocks to secretly obtain access to “hundreds of thousands” of unlock codes until AT&T discovered the malware around October 2013. By that point, Sapatin allegedly had been paid $10,500 for his part, while Evans allegedly made at least $20,000. The suit says AT&T believes Lam took a job at the company just to be part of the scheme.

No one accused in the suit still works for AT&T, but swiftunlocks.com was still live as of Friday morning. According to the court filing, Sapatin told the worker he was trying to recruit that there were “many people across the country” involved in the scheme, accessing codes from AT&T and other carriers.

While most of swiftunlocks.com’s website is dedicated to AT&T phones, it does offer unlock services for some T-Mobile and Verizon devices.

On the FAQ portion of the site, the company tells its customers that using its service it’s legal. The company also says it can handle phones that are marked as lost, stolen or blacklisted, but they will only work outside the U.S.

Swift Unlocks has not responded to GeekWire’s request for comment, and we have not yet been able to reach the three former employees for comment.

UPDATE: An AT&T spokesperson offered the following statement: “We’re seeking damages and injunctive relief from several people who engaged in a scheme a couple of years ago to illegally unlock wireless telephones used on our network. It’s important to note that this did not involve any improper access of customer information, or any adverse effect on our customers.”

Reactions: imlynxy

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I think the only reliable service for now is chronicunlocks. They are pricy, but I never had problems with them. I sent emails to unlock companies about iphone 6s and only chronic replied to me.
I don't work for them, just wanted to help.

swiftunlocks

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Just an update to everyone on the forum. Our services are working fine and we have been swift on all orders. We are still in business and yes there are some haters on this thread [@nicholasss] who just trolls and just to post bogus stuff. Stop acting like a know-it-all. If you have time, you should promote your services instead of talking about others.

If anyone has questions you can message me or contact us on our site and we would be glad to answer any questions.

http://www.swiftunlocks.com/contact

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.