Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savagewatts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver, BC
I have all the new betas installed. I had the unlock Mac option with Apple Watch working great and was loving the new beta. I realized I haven't changed my iCloud password for a while so I went ahead and changed it. This logged me out of iCloud of course and i logged back into everything with my new password.

I noticed the unlock Mac with Apple Watch stopped working. I went to the settings on my Mac to see if it was still checked off and the option does not show at all. I double checked to make sure handoff was still enabled and it was. I at a loss as to what to try next. How come the unlock with watch option simply disappeared and how do I get it back?

Has anybody else experienced this?

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
I had this.
I had the option and had it selected although the unlock never actually worked.
I signed out and in of iCloud hoping that that would make the unlock start working but it removed the option completely just like yours.
I reinstalled the public beta right over my existing public beta and after it was done I had the option back again.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I had it all working great for a few days, but now, although the option is there, it doesn't actually unlock. It can tell whether the watch is on my wrist or not, but when it is on my wrist it tries to unlock and gives up and gives me the password prompt now.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Well, the problem seems to have solved itself after a couple of days. It just reappeared and started working again.

Mine just started working again, too. Wonder if there's some handshaking with Apple's servers that happens and they had to reboot the thing on their end.

darrenoia

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
I have all the new betas installed. I had the unlock Mac option with Apple Watch working great and was loving the new beta. I realized I haven't changed my iCloud password for a while so I went ahead and changed it. This logged me out of iCloud of course and i logged back into everything with my new password.

I noticed the unlock Mac with Apple Watch stopped working. I went to the settings on my Mac to see if it was still checked off and the option does not show at all. I double checked to make sure handoff was still enabled and it was. I at a loss as to what to try next. How come the unlock with watch option simply disappeared and how do I get it back?

Has anybody else experienced this?

I got it to work once, but overall it’s been very shaky and practically not working. As has Universal Clipboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.