Unlocked 3GS won't turn on after Cydia update~ Help needed!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by enochpeng, Nov 15, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Thank you for taking your time to view my post and possibly helping me!

My phone is about a month old and it's a Rogers iPhone 3GS 16GB

I jailbroken it using Dev-Team's method and than unlocked it using blackra1n.

Last night, I did a complete update in Cydia, and was told to reboot the device, I did so.

After that, my iPhone will only stay on the Apple logo screen for 10-20 second, and then shuts itself off again. I tried to reboot more than 30 times and tried to connect to my mac, same story......

Is there anyway I can restore it w/o the need to see it in iTunes??

I'm so upset now.... So any input or tips would be much much appreciated~!

Thanks everyone again!

2. macrumors 604

jmann

Did you update mobile substrate? That has been causing problems with people. I would suggest restoring the phone in iTunes and rejailbreaking it. Is there a reason you don't want/can't use iTunes? It is required to do a restore.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks mate, pardon me I didn't describe it clearly.

My phone won't even turn on now, will only stay on the apple logo screen for a while. So essentially I can't connect it with iTunes...

any idea?

4. macrumors 68030

bytethese

You might have an iPhone with the updated iBoot, which means you can only do a teathered jailbreak. Check to make sure. :)

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help, but how can i do so? and does it require the iphone to been seen in iTunes and connected to the computer or completely turned on...

6. macrumors 6502a

You put the phone in DFU mode

Here is a thread on how to check

Don't forget about Google

7. macrumors newbie

help!!!

Please let me know if you were able to fix it and how. I had the exact same problem. :(

8. macrumors 6502a

There is no fix for this. For the new bootrom the jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak. It requires a computer, USB cable and copy of Blackra1n to restart or reboot every time !