Unlocked iphone on Emergency calls mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by m4tTiA:, Sep 1, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2010
    Hi everybody! This is my first thread in mac rumors and i have to say my problems does seem to be a big one...I got an iphone 3gs 16gb bought in USA but i'm currently living in Italy; i had it unlocked and jailbroken by a friend and everything was fine until I had the brilliant idea to upgrade my jailbreak. It seemed to have gone good until my iphone went into recovery mode. I managed to install iOS 4.3.3 (it was previously 4.0.1) but it is currently on emergency mode. Is there something I could do? I dont mind losing my data as long as my iphone will work in the future!
    Thank you!!
  2. kentishboy, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

macrumors newbie

Jul 31, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Try putting it into DFU Mode and then restoring again just rejailbreak it again

To do this
    Plug your iphone in to itunes and open itunes
    Hold the power button for 10 seconds
    The screen will stay black
    This may take a few attempts
    OR for a better guide google "how to put and iphone into DFU Mode"

The worst thing you can do to a jailbroken iphone is to update you should always restore before updating
  3. macrumors 68040

Mar 3, 2008
    You screwed yourself bigtime. Now you have to decide if you really like the gps in your phone. If you want it unlocked, you're going to have to do some major hacking that'll take away the gps. If you want the unlock, search iPad baseband.
  4. macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    follow the instruction on this link and you can bring your phone back to life;