Unlocking a Disabled iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GoWings97, May 8, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there a way to somehow set up a way to unlock your iPhone even after it has been disabled because of incorrect pass code attempts. My phone is jailbroken so i was just wondering if there was something in Cydia that would allow me to not have to wait the hour that it wants me to. I was thinking maybe there could be a special number that you could dial in the emergency call that would unlock it or something like that. I don't know. Lemme know if you know of anything that might be of help

2. macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yes.

3. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

You will have to restore it.
    There isnt anything you can do if the option to erase all data after 10 failed attempts have been turned on.
    And what do you mean by unlocking? To use it on unofficial carrier or just get it to start up again and boot into the homescreen?
    What kind of iphone, what firmware was it on, was it carrier unlocked?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I think we're misunderstanding the question. Let me set up a situation. A buddy of mine gets my iPhone and thinks it would be funny to disable my phone for an hour by typing in the wrong pass code repeatedly. Is there something I could instal that would allow me to bypass the hour wait time and unlock my phone??

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

No, I dont think any package like that exists.
    Here's a good idea.
    Dont let that "nice" buddy of yours get your iphone again.

6. macrumors 68000

You can get iGotYa which will allow them in to the phone after 2 failed attempts but it basically "hides" every app, song, message, contact, photo and anything else you have on until the correct pin is entered. It also takes a picture using the front camera, and emails the picture along with Lat-Lon to show the location the unlock failed and every time the phone sleeps and requires a password after the fail it will let them in with an incorrect password and take another picture and keep everything hidden until the correct password is entered.

I use it with CleverPin which keeps my phone from needing a pin when unlocked while playing music.

iGotYa seems like a solution to your problem and also a way to locate if stolen if you dont have MobileMe.

7. macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Like Applejuiced said, you will have to restore it. No other way around it. However, regular restore will not work, the phone must be in DFU mode.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

9. macrumors 604

labman

10. macrumors 68000

Or stop posting if you cant offer a valid solution to a legitimate question?

11. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

It is a valid solution smarty.
    If someone keeps doing that to my phone I'm not gonna let them touch it again.
    Simple, instead of looking for a workaround in order to use my own phone again and not have to wait an hour.