Unlocking a locked iTouch without restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drew123, Jun 18, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    I found an iTouch on my lawn (and it still works) and would like to return it to the owner, if I could only unlock it to possibly retrieve personal info on the owner. Otherwise I've got myself a free Itouch - any help would be appreciated by myself and the owner.

Kharma is real!!!
  2. macrumors 65816

Dec 30, 2006
    Locked as in... It's asking for a password?
    You have to restore it. Enjoy your new iPod.
  3. macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    C'mon... give that thing back to it's rightful owner. Post a sign on a post outside ur house. If you dont get contacted in a week... its urs.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    I'm assuming it found my lawn after being tossed out the window of a passing car by who ever stole it, and they couldn't unlock it - obviously not a tech savvy thief. Plus I live in the Los Angeles area and it is not likely that the person lives in my immediate area or would even see a sign I post outside my house. :( I guess if the device had been enabled for disk use I could delete the lock file, but it does not show up as a drive on the PC.
  5. macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2007
    Matamoras, PA
    nice.. how did u find that on your lawn?... I probably would have found it after my lawn mower had eaten it....
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    Actually, it was found by my postal carrier, who always walks across the lawn instead of using the walkway:mad:(he's worn a path) so hes howed it to me but never touched it himself:rolleyes:.

Is there any other methods of getting into this thing?? i.e. like dos level commands or something?