UNO 1.3 Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by joshysquashy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I am quite excited about this!

On the UNO website (gui.interacto.net) it says that a new version is coming soon which will allow you to choose which parts of the os you want changed, wether it is aqua brushed or dashboard you can choose if you want it unified or "dark unified" like itunes.

I personally will change all brushed windows to dark unified (they call it uno shade) and leave everything else alone.

2. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

Fantastic. I'm using it right now and it really does improve the way OS X looks.

If it can also change the look of the iPhoto 6 I'll be especially pleased. It sticks out like a sore thumb among the apps I regularly use.

3. Project macrumors 68020

4. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

Uno skins iTunes. I use iTunes. Uno indeed doesn't skin the rest of the iLife apps. I only use iPhoto regularly among the other iLife apps.

Hence: "If it can also change the look of the iPhoto 6 I'll be especially pleased. It sticks out like a sore thumb among the apps I regularly use."

:)

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I really hope this version gets the whole inactive window issue sorted out.... right now they look so bad, why couldn't the just do it exactly like OS X does?

6. vamp07 macrumors member

I tried the 1.2 version out but I could to see any difference. I was mainly looking for something in safari. The docs are so sparse as to what it does and the web site even more so.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It just changes most apps (pretty much all of them) to have the same colour as Mail. I like it, use it, and recommend it. I think it makes OSX look even better. :cool:

It works in Safari.

8. vamp07 macrumors member

Should I see a difference in Safari? It still has the brused steel look.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You have to install it and then restart. My Safari has the same look as Mail. :cool:

Attached Files:

10. vamp07 macrumors member

Yeah I installed and rebooted. I'm running on a MacBook Pro although I can't see why that would make any difference for skins.

11. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the installer is not universal? surely you would get an error message though?

Try contacting the guy who made it, perhaps suggest it for 1.3

12. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Uno!?

You guys had me excited for a second. I thought ya'll was talkin' about UNO game :p DARN! :mad:

13. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I'd like the OS to look like iPhoto 06 (which seems darker than iTunes). I suspect if Uno doesn't do it for me, Leopard will.

OT: Also, does anyone experience an issue in the iChat window with Uno 1.2 where the text "Buddy List" in the title bar has the inactive look even though the window is active? I've had this on a few computers, and wonder if it's just me.

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The inactive windows bug isn't just happening in iChat. It's a bit of a known UNO problem. Hopefully 1.3 will fix it. :)

Also, from the looks of the UNO site, you'll be able to select a slightly darker (current iTunes) look too.

15. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Great....I hope though that OS X 10.5 will include something like this....cleardock etc and many more ;)

16. epoc macrumors newbie

The version v1.2 is NOT able to run on MBP. The installer is not Universal Binary but it should be implemented in the v1.3.
    If you (somehow) is able to run v1.2 on your MBP Intel then let me know ;)

/Epoc