UNO 1.3 Universal binary

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BollywooD, Apr 25, 2006.

1. BollywooD macrumors 6502

BollywooD

2. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

3. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Come on! Server down!!!??? I want that dark!

Edit: Server back up.

Edit x2: What's up with the .7z? And why do I need another program to open it? I can handle a larger file. (But I suppose their servers can't) I'll live.

Edit x3: Agree with treblah's reply below. No need to post again :)

The iChat Buddy List title still is not fixed with this new version. On the other hand, Shade is hot! I hope to see an implementation similar to it in 10.5.

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

The .dmg is 116MB versus 8 for the .7z, I think they made the right call.

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Yay! Well I've kept everything the same (UNO'd) apart from the dashboard dock which I made Aqua.

I was surprized how big the actual .dmg was when I opened it. What powerful compression! :p

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wow, that's some serious compression. I love UNO. It's the only theme changer I have installed on my Macs. :)

7. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

This is actully the second time in a few days that I come accross the .7z format... interesting.

Will definately try uno, amazing how nice little apps like there go unnoticed!

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, so it doesn't look as good. The tiny Apple and Spotlight logos aren't cool. Reverted back to 1.2 and I'm happy as Larry. :)

9. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I believe 7z is an open-source variant of Zip. I had not seen it available for Mac before but I've rarely come across a .7z file so I had no reason to look.

Of course, Info-Zip and Unzip are also open source and use the standard Zip format, so I'm not really sure why we need 7z unless it really does better compression.

10. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what to think of the smaller Apple and Spotlight icons in the menubar, though.

11. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I love Uno just found out about it this weekend, its superb. makes OS X all the more beautiful.....

ShadoW

12. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I'm with you on that. I'd imagine it could not be too tough to put a radio button for that setting on install as well. I would most likely prefer them to be 20% than the shrunken version.

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that's the reason I converted back to 1.2. Sure, maybe that's petty, but 1.3 wasn't offering anything new to me anyway. :)

14. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I agree the small icons are a bit weird, just noticed them....not sure why the developer did it, anyway i'm sure a future release will allow the user to choose whether they want the big or small icons, as i'm sure they will recieve alot of complaints....

SHadoW

15. ke2000 macrumors member

I noticed the small icons don't match the whole UI. Besides the getting around with 7z file, the biggest let down is grey title hasn't fixed yet, try calculator you'll know I mean.

16. pedrogrilo macrumors newbie

I had so many complains about the compress option (7z), that I had to re-upload this in a more friendly format (bz2).
    File is now UNO13.dmg.bz2 (15.6MB) kindly hosted by MacUpdate.

Thank you. And sorry for the 7z assle.

17. pedrogrilo macrumors newbie

The grey title thing on some metal windows can be fixed but safari tabs will only look good if you have bookmarks bar visible.

I'm thinking of a UNO lite and may do it with that fix (what doesn't allow to mix up elements like in UNO).

Thank you.

18. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

The main problem i'm finding with 1.3 is the silly smaller apple and spotlight icons, if you release an updated version allowing the user to choose the original size, that would be great,

Thanks

SHadoW

19. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Does anyone know how to alter 1.3 so that these icons are the proper size? This is so goofy looking!

20. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

i hate how it makes the apple and spotlight smaller &&&& how there are no more finder roudned edges. i hate uno.

21. iBunny macrumors 65816

Accually, I like this :) :cool:

22. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

Id really like to know why the icons are smaller as well. I mean, does it really save THAT much space up there? I guess I dont care much, but has anyone figured out how to make it go back to the bigger size with out going back to older version?

23. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I dont think its possible thats why i'm using 1.2 at present, I'm pretty sure 1.4 will have an update allowing the user to alter the size according to taste....

ShadoW