Uno and iTunes Interference

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BootstrapMetal, Mar 18, 2007.

1. BootstrapMetal macrumors member

Ok,

So I was removing the uno color scheme I had going on using the uninstall button in the application's main window. All my other preograms were closed. I log out and log back in to initiate the changes. When I come back, I open my iTunes (7.1.1) to see a blank library. The source items are there, but the list of songs is blank. It lacks the colums and also the layout style or view (by this I mean the coverflow area and such). I can only view the music store. I went in my music directory and everything seems to be fine. All my songs are there, they just arent visible in the iTunes field.

I tried restarting the system, changing the uno layout again, but nothing changed. I also trashed my itunes library file and tried re-importing everything from an xml backup. I still couldn't see the songs. I then reverted to my old library file.

I am running tiger 10.4.9 on an Intel iMac. I would appreciate some help.

It seems to be a UI problem instead of a general itunes music data loss. So everything should be fine. I could reinstall itunes, but would that trash my whole music library in my itunes folders? I wouldn't take the risk without your opinions first. :apple:

2. BootstrapMetal thread starter macrumors member

Update!

I have been messing around with the iTunes main window and have found that I can't access the search field. I can navigate through my library using the play/pause, next, previous buttons, but that isn't efficient when you can't see your library. :(

Please help me.

3. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

if you deleted ur library and reinstalled it without problems, i would first back up, the reinstall itunes.

4. BootstrapMetal thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I would proceed like so, but I guess I would lose playlists and playcounts right?

5. BootstrapMetal thread starter macrumors member

Screenshots.

I thought I'd post some screenshots so that people would know what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

Here, you can see that I'm in coverflow and all is blank.

[​IMG]

Playing a video using iTunes' buttons. As you can see I can view the poster artwork.

[​IMG]

Playing music using the buttons. You can also see the artwork.

I'll go try reinstalling uno and navigating using you control tunes (this may shake iTunes a bit)

Help is still appreciated. :eek:

6. BootstrapMetal thread starter macrumors member

Did nothing. :( I also tried logging in with a different account. Seems like the problem as spread to every user. I wish there would be a iTunes fix program that wouldn't force me in importing every song back in it, thereforelosing all my prefs (playcounts and the like)

7. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

It has nothing to do with your iTunes library. The problem lies in the iTunes.rsrc file that UNO modifies to set the theme. Aqua4iTunes had the same problem.

What you should do is the following:

1. Download iTunes 7.1.1.

2. Reinstall it.

3. Use Aqua4iTunes' UNO theme for the time being until UNO patches the bug.

EDIT: You may be able to use Aqua4iTunes to fix the program without reinstalling iTunes.

8. BootstrapMetal thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a ton!!! Couldn't give more props!

Thanks it worked, I only had to install Aqua4itunes. Not only did it worked, but it also gave me back my beloved iTunes 6 UI. Thanks man! You save the day. :D :p ;) :) :apple: