Unofficial iPod touch 4th gen Best Online Deals Thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Beric, Sep 2, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

Beric

So like many others, I'm currently monitoring various sites to find the absolute best deals for the new iPod touch. I will do my best to keep this thread updated, and please post any better deals you find yourself.

Current Deals:

MacConnnection is an authorized Apple retailer and from who I bought my 3rd Gen touch. They are now selling the
    8GB for $223
    32GB for $288
    64GB for $383.
    Free shipping, and no sales tax to any states but AL, IL NC, NJ, NY, & OH.
    MacConnection does not offer engraving. Will have them in stock Monday, Sept. 13. (thanks PeachieSky)

MacMall, another authorized Apple retailer
    8GB for $224
    32GB for $289
    64GB for $384.
    Free shipping. Sales tax in CA, TN. Ships in 7-10 days, according to their site.
    You can use ebates.com to get an extra 2.5% cash back from macmall.com
    So 288.99 - 2.5%($7.22) = $281.77 (thanks david594)

Amazon has also been a good source for iPod touch 4th gen deals. Their prices have now lowered. Currently $224 for 8GB, 289 for 32GB, and 384 for 64GB, with free shipping and sales tax only in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington (thanks to ITASOR). Select your size at the link:
    All iPod touches
    Use this link to get Amazon prime FREE for 1-year with a .edu account. They normally charge you $79. (thanks getstuff4less)

Thanks to AppleMactablet:
    Bestbuy-reward point for a $250 purchase+ 5 dollars in rewards
    eBay-wait a month after release price will be 280(32gb)brand new and sign up for ebay bucks to get 5 dollars back total price: $275

The official Apple store is not recommended if saving money is your top concern, unless you have no sales tax in your state and all other sources DO charge sales tax.

Additional note from getstuff4less:

2. macrumors newbie

So how long will it take them to ship it out if I order from MacConnections?

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

We don't know shipping times from any sources except Apple yet. I'll add shipping times when they become known.

4. macrumors member

I'm waiting for newegg

I want to get 3 32gb and 1yr 0% financing on newegg preferred account..

and newegg has no tax on most states and very cheap s&h

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

I will update the OP when Newegg posts their prices, then.

6. macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

Bestbuy-reward point for a $250 purchase+ 5 dollars in rewards
    eBay-wait a month after release price will be 280(32gb)brand new and sign up for ebay bucks to get 5 dollars back total price: $275

7. macrumors member

Amazon charges tax only in Washington. Macconnection may seem cheaper, but make sure the price is cheaper after any taxes. Ebay seems to be the best deal. Don't forget to get cash back from a site like Mrrebates.com for another 3% on eBay and 1% at the Apple store. You also save on taxes in most cases. I estimate refurbs 32GB to cost ~$249 late this year to early next. They have 2% @ Macmall and MacConnection.

Sorry, ITASOR said:

8. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Amazon collects tax in a few states now:

9. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

Thanks guys; updated the OP. Looks like New York gets sales tax for both MacConnection and Amazon. :(

10. macrumors 68020

I live in New York too, and the tax sucks. The only way out is to order from Newegg.com, but they don't always have this stuff right away.

Another tax free option unless you live in Indiana is Sweetwater.com, though they don't have the new ones listed yet. And another thing, is they don't have discounted prices. So Apple's price is their price, BUT, no tax, and free shipping, so you can save yourself the tax at least.

11. macrumors newbie

Okay. Well I called earlier and the representative told me that it'll prolly take at least 2 weeks for shipping once they get them in stock. I decided I'll just wait out the two weeks and order from them. I don't think it'll take long even though this'll be the first time I'm ordering from them. I guess for the mean time I'll spaz over people's pics taken with their ip4g.

Oh btw, it should be mentioned that macconnections doesn't offer engraving. Also, I think you should add MacCall to the list OP. They are only charging 288.89 for their ip4g w/ free shipping.

12. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

Yeah, when I ordered my 3G from MacConnection right after launch last year, it took less than a week to be in stock.

MacCall? Not familiar with that site (a Google search didn't bring anything up). If you could you link it for me, I'd be happy to update the OP.

13. macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

MacMall has the 8GB touch for $223.99, 32GB for $288.99, 64GB for $383.99. Not too shabby.

14. macrumors newbie

Oops. I meant Mac Mall. :p Here you go!

15. macrumors regular

Any Canadian deals? I'm planning on buying 2, and I'm not looking forward to the 13% sales tax. :mad:

16. macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I live in Oregon and I look forward to buying one at my local Best Buy or Walmart with no sales tax.

17. macrumors 6502

I believe Office Depot sells these, and you can get rewards with their rewards program (you can sign up for the rewards program free online). I don't know how much rewards you get. If you have old ink cartridges though you can recycle them at OD and they even take remanufactured cartridges which other stores don't and possible add any credit from that to the purchase of the iPod.

Kmart & Sears also have a rewards program where you get 1% back on most purchases with a shop your way card (can sign up for the card online and its free). There are often special promotions where you get more than that back.

Combine a Kmart/Sears online order (or a Best Buy online order) with a cashback program like Ebates, Big Crumbs or Fatwallet for more savings. I think it works with Best Buy in store pickup too.

Staples and Toys R Us also have rewards programs but I don't know if they stock iPods, and if you do an online order it can most likely be combined with a cashback program as described above.

I live in NY and ebay and Newegg are currently the only ways I know to get a tax free iPod. You can get cashback with Newegg and ebay as well.

18. macrumors 68020

Sweetwater.com is another site that sells iPods, tax free, and free shipping too. It's a music store, music instruments, and recording studio equipment, but they carry a lot of Apple stuff including iPods. Same prices as the Apple Store, but again, no tax, no shipping.

19. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

Ah, MacMall! I knew something was up. ;)

Added the site; good deal there if MacConnection charges sales tax in your state.

If you guys find a site that has the 4th gen actually in stock for no sales tax in NY, I'll be happy to update the OP.

20. macrumors 6502a

Can M$ search engine Bing be used to get cash back from an online store?

21. macrumors regular

22. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

Bing is dead. It used to be possible though.

Good point. I imagine we'll get better shipping time estimates soon.

23. macrumors 6502a

How long does it take for amazon to drop prices on touch? Does ebay charge sales tax?

24. thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

I'm guessing Amazon will drop their prices when they start shipping them.

eBay charges sales tax only if you're in the same state as the seller.

25. macrumors newbie

Ditto this, except my taxes are only 5% up in the Yukon. :D