Unplugged

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nonregulator, Jul 14, 2006.

1. nonregulator macrumors newbie

I've installed the preferencepance unplugged from briksoftware.com and want it to send me notifications through growl whenever me powerbook is unplugged. But, after coping it the preferencepane folder, it worked initially, but after I ejected the mounted .dmg file holding the original file it wouldn't do anything when I told it to start. So I did the sensible thing and reinstalled it, but it still didn't do anything. So my question is how do I get it to work?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you install it from the DMG? Maybe uninstall it, drag everything out of the DMG and install directly from your hard disk. :)

3. nonregulator thread starter macrumors newbie

no difference. Bah. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. nonregulator thread starter macrumors newbie

I resolved the problem, when installing, it prompts a user to install a corresponding application in addition to the preference pane. Unfortunately as I don't work in an administrator account (for safety) it wouldn't prompt for authentication. And I did not notice the alert until I deleted the .plist in addition to the preference pane.