Unreal $1.000.000 contest

Discussion in 'Games' started by gerror, Jun 16, 2003.

1. gerror macrumors 6502

2. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Re: Unreal $1.000.000 contest

That is crazy! I wish I was into mapmaking. I wonder how many people will submit.

3. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

The problem with UT2003 is that you need to make maps using the special version of maya supplied with the game. It is not too hard to make if you are used to 3D modelling, but it takes a long time to create a decent level. Maybe people at Macrumors could work together to make a map and share the prize. But first we need a good level design, any ideas?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

space is the final frontier, i allways dug the level that is floating in space, 3 buildings i think maybe morbius? being able to go from building to building in low g was great.

5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

u can make like a triangular map with 3 buildings and roads going to the middle from each building and an outside road leading from building to building to building... and like dont hurt me's idea (space) we can put that in space... and name it Orions Triangle (lol im not good at creating names) so theres my idea :D

6. ThoughtKriminal macrumors member

I dont own UT3k yet so i dont have the map maker =(

but im a digital artist i could make some killer textures.

7. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

I would love to see a Mac user win. That would be awesome. Esp. if said mac user uses ATI (the contest is sposored by Nvida).

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Why doesn't someone make a map of Apple's Headquarters? Or even a better place? Microsoft headquarters, then name one of the bots Bill GAtes:D