Unreal Tournament 2003 Debuts at MWSF.

Discussion in 'Games' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Dec 17, 2002.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Looks like we will be getting UT2003 a little later than expected(originally forcasted to be released before the X-Mas Holidays) still im glad to see its going to be released.

They will be featuring a playable version in Apples games booth. Hooray...lets cross our fingers and hope that some serious gaming hardware is announced or at least something along those lines... Apple OEM ATi 9700/ Nvidia GeForce FX anyone?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Yeah, I'm really ready for UT2003 to be out. I hope it will run smoothly. I'm also looking forward to NeverWinter Nights which looks great.

I play UT most every day and it could use some new play to it. Some of the other games are just tired now, unless you like simulators.
  3. Draft macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Yes!! I can't wait! Hopefully ATI debuts the 9700 Pro as well. My life would be complete.

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    I can't wait!!! It's going to be great. On my friends laptop it looked amazing. He has an ATI 7500 mobility and the water truly stunned me. The reflections were so life like and had to shoot them. Yet they still looked real with the ripples. About this time somebody came and shot me in the head from behind.
  5. mangoman macrumors 6502a

Nov 27, 2002
    Second Floor
    Stand Down, Boys....

UT remains one of the best damn games of all time, digitally speaking. IF you've never played it, you need to get off your butt and do so. It'll blow ya outta the water. With UT 2003 coming up, I'm gonna have to put my MoHAA and RTCW CD's on eBay, 'cause those puppies will end up as coasters for my beer while I'm playing UT 2003.

6. unclepain macrumors member

Jan 23, 2002
    Va Beach VA
    We played UT for over 2 years everyday during lunch in my office. Some days, we would have 12-16 players in a corporate gore fest. Only in the last 6 months have we stopped playing regularly. I've NEVER played a game for that length of time and NOT have it get boring until we played UT. Unfortunately, our PCs here at work don't have the mustard to play UT2003.

Speaking of mustard, why are we assuming that since UT2003 will be demoed at MWSF that it must be running on the ATI9700? That certainly can't be the minimum card to play it. I can play the PC version just fine on my 750 Athlon with 32 meg Radeon card. I'm sure that a similarly configured Mac would be able to handle the game no sweat. Might not be able to play at 1900 by 1200, but it should be pretty smooth at lower rez.
  7. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    The annoucement has now been removed from the Apple site.....this leads me to believe that it may be kept secret as it will be displayed on stage or something....with new hardware.....we will see.

Either that or it was removed because they think its going to be later on the release....though i highly doubt that...i think Apple will use it in their presentation when they drop new hardware.....mark my words(readies foot near mouth):)