Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by evolu, Feb 11, 2004.

1. evolu thread starter macrumors regular

It's been released!

Ok - that link is for the PC version - looking for the OSX version.

Sorry for the tease - there does not appear to be an OSX demo avail right now. Anyone have an idea when that will be released?

Apparently the full version is set to release March 16 (pre ship dates) and supposedly mac users will be "pleasantly suprised when the official release dates are announced".

Obviously it will be released later than the PC version, but does anyone have an idea of when? I can't even pre-order at the moment!

Aaarrrrr!

2. nolem macrumors member

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The Mac version is coming out later today :)

4. evolu thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!!

I'm almost glad it's not out right now, because I am alone in the office, and NOTHING will get done but fragging! ;)

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

That server will be packed, I wonder what download times will look like? I sure hope this game will be polished unlike that Halo Macsoft released.

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Yeah I think I'll wait till tomorrow to try downloading this.

7. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

The mac and pc versions of the the retail game should be shipping at the same time. This should really earn atari/epic games some respect, which if true, is deserved.

.. still waiting for the mac demo to come out.....

8. jasonbw macrumors member

it's due out at 6 pm central ....quitting time AND a new game. Can't argue with that.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

6 PM Central... means nothing to me. Anyone know how to convert that to something useful like GMT?

10. evolu thread starter macrumors regular

Er... I think that is 6 or 7 hours behind GMT...

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Maybe a better question would've been "what is the time now in the Central timezone?" :) But if it's 6 or 7 hours behind GMT then I think it's either 4:10 or 5:10 PM there now.

12. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

It's two hours ahead of Cupertino time (everyone lives by the time that Apple's headquarters lives by, right?), which means it's 5:30 central right now.

But whatever. Another hour, another edition of Unreal Tournament. Next release is probably going to be Unreal Tournament March 2004 edition. :rolleyes:

*yawn* I think I'm going to move on to something even marginally more interesting.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, not the fastest download I've ever had, why don't they use BitTorrent or something?

14. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

my dl stopped at 4.4 mb. seemed like it was complete, of course that is way too small. stuffit stallled w/ 5 sec left to open it. Any suggestions?

15. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

I would suggest re-downloading it :(

It's about 200 megs for the total download, so you have a ways to go. Man, sometimes I hate macgamefiles....they get me all excited with a 250 k/sec download...so it'll be done in 14 minutes...get up to go get a juice...sat back down, and now I'm running at 30 k/sec....guess waiting 2 hours ain't so bad!!!

16. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

WHOOPS, evidentally the mac gamefiles has a prob of some sort....mine disconnected at 18 megs downloaded :/

Here we go again....

17. evolu thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the direct link.

Anyone play yet??

18. Greenpants macrumors newbie

Oh boy I can't wait, its the new Halo rip off game! Have you seen the Unreal versions of the ghost, warthog and scorpion? The similarities are frightening.

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My downloads keep getting cut off too. I'm having to download it in Windows :eek:

20. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

what are the sys requirments?
    will a 12" rev a powerbook be good enough

21. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Bittorrent

someone finally put up a torrent...

mac.torrentskickass.com

needs more seeders though

22. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

By the way, I was just watching my buddies play it across the hall. This is no Halo rip off. The concept may sound like it but it is a completely different game, and the new things are ingenious.

Assault is back!!!!!

23. jasonbw macrumors member

mines done that twice so far. i'd suggest getting a real download manager (not safari's) and try again.

i just got done trying the pc version on a 1.6 duron with a vodoo 3 card. needless to say, i have a headache now. its very much like the original ut in the way that it takes a while to load (ha) and the music is very similar as well.

theres only 4 character skins to pick from (all human). the assault map gives you a full voice walkthrough on your objectives, plus you have navigation arrows to lead you in-game.

i played onslaught for about 2 minute before the framerate got too me. driving is very bf1942-esque, you drive with the movement keys and have a full 360 degree of camera movement with the mouse. running over a member of the opposing team was an instant kill in the big humvee type thing.