unreal tournament

Discussion in 'Games' started by latido, Mar 16, 2006.

1. latido macrumors newbie

I am thinking of geting unreal tournament 2004 for 50$
    how many stars (out of five stars) would you rate unreal tournament?:cool:

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'd probably give it a 3.5 out of 5; maybe an extra point for having Universal Binary support.

I was always a Quake fan but I think UT2K4 is funner then Quake 4 for multiplayer, plus it performs MUCH better then Q4.

3. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

what are you planning to run it on. if you run it on a year old iBook you might not want to give it more than a star...lol. However, if you have a machine that will run it at a good frame rate, rock. It is hands down my favorite first person shooter. I am all about the instant gratification I get when I come back from class and rock a few people before getting back to work...:cool:

So, I guess that is 5 from me. Maybe a half a star off for not being as fast as UT '99, which I played to the point of wearing out a mouse.

4. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

$50 sounds way over priced. http://www.macgamestore.com/ has it for $40 +S&H and I've got to belive you can get it cheaper and maybe even a used copy. Oh and the game rocks hard. Tons of mods and maps can make this almost any game you want to play. Time to get your frag on. 4.5 stars. If your not used to the speed of this type of game it can be a bit bewildering.

5. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Speed? :O

Its just right ;P

Not like that awful Halo... Zzzz...

6. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

The origional UT gets * * * * * stars
    UT 2003 gets * * * stars
    UT 2004 gets * * * * * stars.

I play the origional UT a lot, especially online. For some reason I like playing Face, its a challenge to run across the map and avoid the 20 snipers shooting at you.

Anyone care to get fragged, come to any one of the Haley's Hothouse "Face" servers, and look for [Q]uilty.

7. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

You want slow? Try Americas Army. Slow and unforgiving.

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

Download the demo to see how well it runs on your machine before you plunk down the change to buy the full thing. I've only played the demo (on my work comp), but if I had a computer that was fast enough, I'm sure I'd buy the full version.

9. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap