Unresponsive iPhone digitizer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rob1980, Jan 28, 2010.

1. macrumors member

My wife’s iPhone’s screen smashed so I got a replacement and fitted with no real problems.

However when the iPhone was switched back on the new digitizer was unresponsive. I did a reset and restore with no luck. I contacted the supplier of the screen suspecting that it maybe a faulty screen; I am currently awaiting a new screen to turn up.

I can see the lock screen OK but cant “slide to unlock”

I was wondering if the problem could be related to something else and if there was any troubleshooting I could do. I have checked all the ribbon connectors and they are all clicked into position.

Thanks Rob

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, if you're sure you put it together right and didn't break anything taking it apart, I'd lean towards the one they sold you being faulty.

3. macrumors 6502a

chargit

did you get it off eBay?

4. thread starter macrumors member

Yep I bought the screen off eBay after I noticed the screen was faulty the seller sent a replacement.

I fitted the replacement today and touch wood the screen seems to be working

Can someone advise where I could get a genuine screen from in the UK if I have to change another screen