unresponsive keyboard on new mac drivers B/C

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by supermac19, Nov 2, 2006.

1. supermac19 macrumors newbie

on my macbook, i just updated my mac drivers with the new version of bootcamp and when i tried to type something, the keyboard and trackpad wouldn't respond. did i do something wrong in the drivers installation? is there a possibility to back track to version 1.1.1?

please help! this is driving me crazy! any suggestions would be great.

2. Xenesis macrumors regular

Xenesis

Okay, I did the exact same thing last night. Literally. The same thing happened.

Here's what you have to do:

Install Windows XP SP2
    Install Apple Drivers (Keyboard and mouse will now no longer respond) <- You Are here
    Install Windows XP SP2 (Repair your install, don't wipe it!)
    Reinstall Apple Drivers. Now no problems.

3. supermac19 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the quick response.
    i am just about going do that right now. i will tell you my results.

4. supermac19 thread starter macrumors newbie

i cant type when i type the serial key during the installation process, what did you do to fix this?

5. aleni macrumors 68000

same thing happened to me with the latest bootcamp. was installing windows xp, keyboard and trackpad worked great, until the windows is finished, i installed the macintosh drivers, but the keyboard and trackpad wont work. even the usb mouse i attached.

the fix is like he told u.

repair windows installation, and after u got back to windows, make sure u restart the system first for the safe way. and then install the drivers again.