unsanity's metallifizer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Farside161, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Farside161 macrumors member

has anybody goten metallifizer to put brushed metal on finder windows? just wondering

2. Skandranon macrumors regular

Nah...

No luck getting the Finder to go Metal happy here. I'd love to see how they'd pull that off... metallic Finder buttons. Yum. :D

Metallizer DID screw up some of my apps, though... I wasn't able to resize Stickies and iMovie would move across the screen when I'd scrub through video! :eek:

3. kenkooler macrumors regular

I don't recommend Unsanity's haxies. They made my machine slower and unresponsive until I uninstalled them.

4. Maclicious macrumors regular

Maclicious

unsanity haxies

I have the haxie that turns my dock transparent, and WindowshadeX. I used WIndowshadeX to get rid of all the window drop shadows, and my iBook 500 is quite noticably more responsive. I recommend WindowshadeX for all iBook users for this reason alone.

5. kenkooler macrumors regular

Re: unsanity haxies

Sorry, to be more specific, Metallifizer and Xsounds are the ones I've had trouble with.

6. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

Re: unsanity's metallifizer

you can only apply the brushed metal appearance to cocoa apps. the finder is written in carbon, so this will not work. if you have the dev tools installed, you can open up the main window .nib of any cocoa app and from the "show info" command set it to have the "textured" appearance, thus bypassing unsanity's notoriously buggy "haxie" system.