Unstoppable rise of the home computer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, Feb 9, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Full Article.

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I'm just glad we live now and not the 1950s. Imagine trying to take that thing to lectures :D ;)

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I guess that in 50 years, people might be saying the same thing about our rudimentary laptops ^_^

"Imagine those poor 2000s folks having to drag around their heavy laptops to holo-lectures. Thank God-2.1 for cyber-implants and nanocomputers."

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

:D :D :D

I guess there'll be some really sweet computers by 2050, if they still exist! Mind you, got to take future lag into account - things are never as advanced as people think they will be (they thought we'd be hopping around in space boots and stuff in the year 2000, 50 years ago!!). Not saying there'll be no major advances in the next 50 years, just that I doubt it'll make such an impact as the last 20 years of computing. On the other hand, the internet and wireless connectivity has been starting to transform our lives in the last five or so years.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    im glad im living in an era that has seen massive development with computers.

6. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

It's all about economics. If we could make lots of money being in space, we probably would, but it's not very economical.

Computer Tech, is very economical and can increase productivity so it has taken off! Just think if no one bought computers, how far would we be today?

7. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I guess space cars like in the Jetsons could be possible now but are far more expensive to run than normal cars so we stay on the ground.