Unused version of Office or iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by opik, Aug 7, 2006.

1. opik macrumors member

Hello,
    I'm a high school student who recently bought an ibook amongst other things. After this big investment, I can't really expect my parents to spend more money. What I'm asking for is if anyone has a old or current version of Office for Mac they don't need or the serial of iWork 05 or 06 they can donate..i would dearly appreciate. sounds cheap but i'm desperate.

2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Try looking at some free, open source solutions like OpenOffice ;)

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yep use openoffice or save up for students edition of Microsoft Office. Isn't TOO expensive

4. opik thread starter macrumors member

well i don't know..i got used to iwork's interface from school and neooffice is not only heavy but also looks a lot like windows.

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Go for OpenOffice man, I have been using it on Windows for almost a year, and now I use it on Mac, it's the best, and it's free.

6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Yes, use Open Office. Open Office is good.

On an semi-related note, the sooner people stop sending me .doc files, the happier I will be.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

If you can live with openoffice until you're in Uni, usually the university sells copies of office.

I got office pro, 2004 with virtual PC for $7 at UofH. :eek: :cool:

8. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Well, after a lot of trial and error, I finally got it. Well, I downloaded blindly, and was warmly welcomed with French! Then, after gettin an SKU by mistake, I finally got the right one, and that was after finding out about X11. But, it works now.

9. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

NeoOffice is native to macs and doesn't need X11. I found OpenOffice through X11 a bit of a pain, with fonts and such like.

There's an aqua version of NeoOffice out and if you can wait until the end of the month it will be free.