Unusual Tales

Discussion in 'Community' started by macka, Mar 26, 2004.

1. macka macrumors regular

2. JamesDPS macrumors regular

(edit) - nuts something's wrong with the site... super slow all of a sudden. Following is my real post.

3. JamesDPS macrumors regular

About that thing with The Passion, that's great! It IS a pretty powerful movie, after all, especially for a Christian, but even if (like me) you're not; knowing that the majority of it is historically accurate, you can't help but feel for the guy who got beaten and crucified for telling people to be nice to each other (and, ironically, as a result of religious conservatism and its institutional hierarchy). And if it got that guy to confess, it achieved something good, that's for sure. We'll just have to see what Gibson's new production company (that he's starting with the HUGE profit from the film) cranks out...

On your other topic: I haven't gone looking for it specifically, but dumb criminal stories are awesome: I heard of one where someone tried to hold up a donut store (i.e. armed robbery), only to shortly discover that a number of the customers in there were plain-clothes cops!