Unwanted Software Update

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kukheart, Jan 19, 2004.

1. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

I've been a Mac user for over a year now, but my question is, is it possible to not download or ignore things that come over Software Update? Such as I-Cal, I don't use it or need it and quite frankly don't want it, but I can't get it to leave the Software Update, any help would be thankful.

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

You can specify updates to be ignored in Software Update's preferences.

3. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

ok, thanks, but what if i want most of the updates...IE: 3.3, 3.4, anything else but don't want stuff like I-Cal, is that possible?

4. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

Just select the update to ignore, and select "Ignore Update" from the file menu.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Yes, the ignore list is on an application-by-application basis. As coolsoldier said, just indicate which of the current updates you wish to ignore.

You can only ignore updates that are currently available. So, for example, you can ignore iCal right now (assuming you haven't installed it); but you'll have to wait for an update to Safari to be available before you can ignore it - as if you'd want to ignore Safari updates, that is. :D

6. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....just to add my two bits - there is also a "reset ignored updates" button in the software update pref pane in case you change your mind about something.....oh yeah!