1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Up to 5 Apple TVs can sync with Itunes at same time

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by smythey, Mar 15, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Up to 5 Apple TVs can sync with Itunes at the same time....

Anybody know if this has been mentioned elsewhere?

2. macrumors G4

Not quite what Steve said in the keynote. Up to five :apple: TVs can stream protected content from an iTunes library, but only one can sync content to its local drive if I remember correctly.

3. macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

My understanding was that each Apple TV will connect to (stream from) up to five different computers -- but will only sync with one.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/sync.html:

4. macrumors newbie

I use a MacPro to sync 5 atv's. I stream 9 atv's from this MacPro. You can only sync 5 at a time. I am using new Airport Extreme. It is incredible to play the same movie on 5 atv's at the same time and in different places within this same movie. Over five going at once starts stuttering/freezing.

5. macrumors 601

mrkramer

Do you mind me asking why you have so many :apple: TV's?

6. macrumors newbie

I am shocked that anyone would wonder why I use 9 atv's :) . . . . . 9-room B&B inn.

7. macrumors 604

gkarris

Thanks. I was wondering about this - I had asked in a previous post.

For church - just put :apple:TV's in the classrooms, and all the DVD lessons on a server. We no longer have to worry about lending out the DVDs and having the originals get lost, "borrowed", or broken...

Did you need something as powerful as a Mac Pro or can we use a Mini with a very large external FW drive? I plan to mainly stream to maybe 4 at the same time...

8. macrumors 65816

I accidently ordered a second ATV and was going to send it back before I started using the first one I decided to keep it for my Basement HT.