Up-to-date info on Mac marketshare and install base

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iindigo, Oct 7, 2005.

1. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Hey guys,

I need the current Mac marketshare and install base for an Mac mythbuster article I'm writing. I've googled it but haven't found any reliable (or up to date) sources. Where can I find this info? Also - if possible, please provide links for your sources.

Thanks,

iindigo

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    http://www.macdailynews.com/index.p...ues_to_grow_worldwide_macintosh_market_share/

Right now I think its probably close to 3% globally, however they get those numbers.

I don't think these analysts take into account Linux machines, dead machines (ones that are used at redundant tasks in factories and what not) and home based. I'm betting the market share, in home, is somewhere around 7-9%.

It'll grow. I'm sure by 2010, if they keep going the way they are, they'll see a 15-20% market share.

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I would say that is an overestimation.

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Additional growth should be a given, but my guess would be a market share of 8% ... not only would that be impressive over that span, but Apple would be pleased as well.

Making far more dramatic inroads is unlikely when you have been relegated to such a minor percentage for years, and the huge shadow of Microsoft hovers over everything else.

5. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Depends whether you count computers no human actually uses... like servers, elevator control, manufacturing control, automated signs and displays, telephone systems, cash registers, ATMs, etc....