Upcoming Announcement?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikeyPotg, Mar 28, 2006.

1. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2006
    I know I've heard a ton about an upcoming announcement this Saturday (April 1st) but is it still a rumor, or has that press conference been officially stated?
  2. alexstein macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2004

Still a rumor as far as I know. No invetations have been send out from apple. Again that is as far as I know.

Keeps fingers crossed for an Apple event.
  3. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2006
    oh no! Does this mean that its highly unlikely thta Apple will indeed hold a press conference soon (this Saturday) or have they been known to surprise people with very sudden press conferences/announcements?
  4. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2004
    Denton, TX
    usually they are announced at least a week in advanced. I heard rumor last week that they may release products with out a media event this time since the last one was kind of....um....lame.
  5. UberMac macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2005
    Usually Apple gives about a weeks notice. I think if there is an event on Saturday we will hear about it today.

Of course there may be delays for a number of reasons:
    The Beatles Deal -= Are Apple waiting to see if they can get The Beatles onto iTunes?
    There are no products :D ;) :eek: :(
    Apple's having a party on the 1st and don't want to ruin it by sharing with us all :D
    Apple's holding the event on a tuesday (as per normal) so they still have a bit of leeway
    There is no event; the products just appear on Apple.com popping out of a big birthday cake wearing a thong...:eek:

I eagerly await any news!

6. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    Sheffield, UK
    maybe Apple is holding off new products due to poorer than expected Intel Mac sale?

give me a stand-alone front row and a refreshed iSight and i will be v happy
  7. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2006
    I'm not sure which one I want more, haha. I really wish they'd at least announce the press conference soon! I'm holding off on buying a MBP until then! ahhhh
  8. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

Sep 17, 2004
    I'm not sure how one could class the Intel Mac sales as "poorer than expected", when my direct experience as a reseller tells me that nobody wants to buy the old PowerPC stuff I have hanging around, but insists on the Intel stuff, instead.

I honestly wouldn't expect any sort of new products to show up directly on April 1. There may be new stuff next week, however.

As a final thought, does this really belong on the Help forum?
  9. alexstein macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2004
    Yeah. New MacBook's next Tuesday!:)
  10. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2006
    ahh... perhaps another week of anxiety. I've sold my current powerbook and I'm shipping it out tomorrow, so I'll be without a powerhouse laptop till I get the MBP!!
    (I still have a g4 ibook that the school lends all the teachers to hold me off)
  11. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    It has been dissapointingly quiet. I was hoping for something