Upcoming Announcement?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikeyPotg, Mar 28, 2006.

1. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

I know I've heard a ton about an upcoming announcement this Saturday (April 1st) but is it still a rumor, or has that press conference been officially stated?

2. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Still a rumor as far as I know. No invetations have been send out from apple. Again that is as far as I know.

Keeps fingers crossed for an Apple event.

3. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

oh no! Does this mean that its highly unlikely thta Apple will indeed hold a press conference soon (this Saturday) or have they been known to surprise people with very sudden press conferences/announcements?

4. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

usually they are announced at least a week in advanced. I heard rumor last week that they may release products with out a media event this time since the last one was kind of....um....lame.

5. UberMac macrumors 6502

Usually Apple gives about a weeks notice. I think if there is an event on Saturday we will hear about it today.

Of course there may be delays for a number of reasons:
    The Beatles Deal -= Are Apple waiting to see if they can get The Beatles onto iTunes?
    There are no products :D ;) :eek: :(
    Apple's having a party on the 1st and don't want to ruin it by sharing with us all :D
    Apple's holding the event on a tuesday (as per normal) so they still have a bit of leeway
    There is no event; the products just appear on Apple.com popping out of a big birthday cake wearing a thong...:eek:

I eagerly await any news!

Uber

6. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

maybe Apple is holding off new products due to poorer than expected Intel Mac sale?

give me a stand-alone front row and a refreshed iSight and i will be v happy

7. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure which one I want more, haha. I really wish they'd at least announce the press conference soon! I'm holding off on buying a MBP until then! ahhhh

8. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how one could class the Intel Mac sales as "poorer than expected", when my direct experience as a reseller tells me that nobody wants to buy the old PowerPC stuff I have hanging around, but insists on the Intel stuff, instead.

I honestly wouldn't expect any sort of new products to show up directly on April 1. There may be new stuff next week, however.

As a final thought, does this really belong on the Help forum?

9. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Yeah. New MacBook's next Tuesday!:)

10. mikeyPotg thread starter macrumors 6502

ahh... perhaps another week of anxiety. I've sold my current powerbook and I'm shipping it out tomorrow, so I'll be without a powerhouse laptop till I get the MBP!!
    (I still have a g4 ibook that the school lends all the teachers to hold me off)

11. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

It has been dissapointingly quiet. I was hoping for something