Upcoming car designs 2004-2005

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Oct 26, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Rather than have seperate threads for all the new cars that will be appearing soon (ie: 2005 mustang) I figured it would be a good idea to have a single thread for pics. Have you seen Fords new Ferrari contender?
    Ford GT.

Attached Files:

• gt.jpg
      gt.jpg
      File size:
      17.6 KB
      Views:
  2. iGav macrumors G3

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

...mummy...:cool:

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Ford isn't really challenging the ferrari at all, its a really fast and cool car but its not challenging exotic foreign super car

5. iGav macrumors G3

in red or black please.... ;) :D

Here's FIAT's new Cinquecento/500.... this car is cute, and if it the final version looks anything like this.... then FIAT will sell them in the SHIP load.... reminds me of the Nissan Figaro from 91.... ;)

6. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

The 2004 Toyota Prius has an abundance of new technology built into it. I only wish it had a better name.
    edit: I like the Japanese site best. Caution: it's a bandwidth hog - broadband reccomended. http://www.toyota.co.jp/prius/index.html

Attached Files:

7. iGav macrumors G3

And more rear headroom buy the look of it.... :p :p :p

8. iGav macrumors G3

9. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Re: Upcoming car designs 2004-2005

The Ford GT40 when originally released was indeed a Ferrari killer. But were talking about ford here so they will screw it up.

10. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

Awesome.:D I hope they reach production by 2005.
    Looks a bit like a Mazda RX8...with three times the HP.

11. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    me and the mrs actually went to check out the '04 prius today...none in stock but they did have one to look at. it's quite nice...not nearly as squenched-up as the first release. and the interior is almost as roomy as the camry. we're thinking of nuking the accord for a new prius...also, the highlander will be released as a hybrid in '05...that should be sweet.

why is it toyota is making and selling a boatload of the cars GM says no one will buy...or can't be built economically? lame. lame. lame.

btw, the latest review i read of the new gt40 says it IS indeed a ferrari slayer. i've loved the gt40's design since the original...this new one is quite a bit larger but is an amazing performer.

12. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

I have felt for a long time that the big thing holding back supper efficent cars is their styling. Before the Insight, all you see are geekmobiles with 3 wheels, no hood, or some other hideous design. Now, I don't think the Insight is the best looking car on the road, but it was a great step in the right direction. If you squinted hard enough it looked like a civic hatchback. Now with the new Prius and Cvic hybrid, I think we'll be seeing more and more people wanting to go with "alternative" vehicles. I for one would love to get a Civic or Prius to commute (if I can just get a job to commute to!)

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

still think the mini-cooper is cool as they come. lucky enough to drive the high end one. very quick and sweet.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

for a moment i thought i was looking at a aston martin db9....

it seems too similar to the current aston designs.

15. job macrumors 68040

job

mmmm...

bmw 125ci

three door...mmmm...

Attached Files:

16. andym172 macrumors 6502

Sorry, I think you're wrong.

The new GT40 is every inch a supercar and supposedly blows the 360 into the weeds.

IMHO this is the first American sportscar that is true to every value that makes up a sportscar. Many of you will scoff at this statement, but to be fair, I don't think you'll be able to name one other American designed/built sportscar that could handle as well as have the oomph for romping down the straights. This is esentially why American built cars have never really been a success anywhere outside of the US.

The fact that this, and the original, GT40 are essentially British designed and built (certainly when regarding the original) is by the by - we'll let you have this one, it's been a long time coming!! ;) :D

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hmmm.....scaglietti. Sounds like a type of pasta. :p

The Ford GT is supposed to be very fast and everything, and may be a Ferrari "killer", but its barebones on the inside. Its quite "ugly". Even people who you'd think would only care about the performance and exterior styling wouldn't really want a car with that interior. Ferrari has all the styling and grace.

Faster? Maybe, but its like a WinPC while Ferrari is like an Apple: Slower. Faster. Whatever. I'd still take a Ferrari if I had a choice of either one. ;)

PS: The brakes on my father's Ford once failed on him while he was driving down a hill, and he almost died when driving towards a red light with cars passing through the intersection...

18. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

If Cadillac were to put the Cien concept into production (i'm not sure what the plans were/are) that may rival ferrari sales but I simply think theres a huge brand issue with pricetags like that. People who put down that kind of money look for prestige as much as power in terms of consumer sales. If I could choose a high end porsche or a ferrari 360 Spider, I would go for either of those ... especially if i was paying that kind of money ... this is my opinion, ford sales might surprise me but i'm not counting on it...Also what kind of production numbers is ford considering and what was the suggested pricetag?

19. iGav macrumors G3

only because it has 100BHP more.... :p :p :p

The 360 is the beginners Ferrari.... the Enzo would whoop GT that round the ring :D

I must say I do actually like the new Ford GT... especially seeing Clarkson drive it on Top Gear last night.... smart interior, although I think they could have done something abit more original rather than fit a standard DIN radio...(too TVR) think BMW! but apart from that its cool!

Now if only Audi would see sense and release the Rosemeyer!

20. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Toyota 4000GT
    [​IMG]

Toyota is coming out with the 4000GT based on the lexus sc400 chassis...It's rumored to produce 400 viper chasing HP.

new toyota supra? expected release date is 2005.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. iGav macrumors G3

Evo??? that's a Koenigsegg CC8S

22. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

I agree, and a cabrio should be out soon.

Attached Files:

23. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

The Toyota FINE-S is a fuel cell-powered concept that uses modular parts and electric motors on all wheels.
    Tron anyone?

Attached Files:

24. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea