Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
You entirely miss the point of what I said.

I said ......"The point of Coverflow was to have your music on shuffle.

Seeing the Album art at a glance on the TV.

I just uninstalled 11 and went back to 10.7"

Why on earth would I want to constantly be going over to my computer when I have friends over to click something to show album art ? ? ?
How are you putting it on your TV? There's obviously still cover art display on Apple TV (although I agree it doesn't make sense to pay $99 for this feature if you don't already have one)

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
How are you putting it on your TV? There's obviously still cover art display on Apple TV (although I agree it doesn't make sense to pay $99 for this feature if you don't already have one)

I have a Mac Mini hooked up to one of the HDMI ports.

Perfect for browsing the Net and having my Music hooked up to the living room stereo for when I entertain guests.

I just got a new 70" SHARP Aquos too, maybe part of why I was so bummed out to see Coverflow go.

Last edited:

xodiak

Jun 14, 2011
darker background

I know they made the experience to be more like their new iTunes store, but I'd really like the option to change the background to black similar to the movies section on the store. I find the abundance of white to be irritating to my eyes, its just to bright. I also wish there was away like in iOS to click a letter to go to that ablum grouping. For some reason when I'm viewing a artists albums I can't clik in the album area and hit (H) and go to the ablum that starts with (H) it seems to only work when selecting artists.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for the advice, Actually I am using a Weiss Medea Dac on a pair of Tidal Piano speakers. Anyways iTunes for me provides the best interface for looking into my music collection. If only the sound engine was a bit better, but oh well..

You got a Weiss Medea DAC?? With a pair of Tidals?? And using iTunes? Are you for real????

hope you don't miss the irony :)

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
You entirely miss the point of what I said.

Why on earth would I want to constantly be going over to my computer when I have friends over to click something to show album art ? ? ?

Maybe you should try what I said, then see if I understood. Christ. :rolleyes:

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London
The upgrade is so awful it makes me wonder if they ever tested it, int he film section you can only scroll up and down when using a magic mouse by making sure the pointer is in the tiny space between the 2 huge list tables that take up 90% of the window, or of course use the scroll bar but what the point of having the advancement of touch scrolling..I mean it must be even worse on a Macbook.
For anyone with a film or TV collection the design is simply awful..jeez is this the best they can do!!

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I just want to be able to search the music on my iphone.

You can't? It's there for me. Either system search or in Music. Also searches Match music still in the cloud.

Or do you mean when the phone is connected to the computer?

Last edited:

Rog210

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2004
Why dont they upgrade the sound engine too so that we can stop using applications like Amarra or PureMusic in order to get some descent sound quality?

What's wrong with it?

----------

Anyone know if artwork can be added to .wav files in this new version? I've just never been able to.

Thank you.

.Wav files don't contain metadata, convert to Apple Lossless then you can do this.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Not to derail the thread, but can you teach me what you mean by this? I wasn't aware that there were apps that had better sound quality than iTunes. Or, put another way, I didn't realize that iTunes had bad sound quality (unrelated to inherent mp3-type issues). I'm quite curious. Thanks.

If you want the best sound out of iTunes than you need the best source--to me, lossless is lossless--so if you input using Apple Lossless, you get lossless--and iTunes is fine for doing that.

segovius

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Barcelona / Berlin
More changes needed...

Bring back multiple windows.

And also want to see the track progress when minimized like before. Now if I want to move on a track have to maximize the window and is often a pain, especially on podcasts where you need to skip forwards.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
You got a Weiss Medea DAC?? With a pair of Tidals?? And using iTunes? Are you for real????

What's the problem with that? I'm also using iTunes as my media hub on a stereo that costs 10k. As long as the digital data makes its way into the DAC, the rest is basically the same as using any front end.

Last edited:

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Now that there are different defaults you get all these "OMG I miss the sidebar" and "how do I sort by x now?' There are certainly some bugs with this release and some feature changes that people have legitimate complaints about, but can't people be bothered to actually spend time going through software to figure out what it does?

SOME bugs? No, there is a level of bugs in iTunes 11 that would be common in an early beta release, not shipped software. All of these feature customizations you talk about mostly don't work. Playlists are especially broken. View options don't save. Playlist views don't jump forward to the current song. Albums with custom album art no longer share between songs (this is one reason why people are reporting missing album art) -- you have to paste the art into every song on the album now. Go to Song doesn't work reliably with playlists. Pressing play now resumes the previously playing song, not the currently selected song, which is changed behaviour.

I could go on.

akac

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2003
Colorado
Has anyone been able to find if there is still a way to sort by the most recently added music? that is probably the most or 2nd most common way i sorted my music. if i buy a bunch of new stuff and just want to listen to it, i just want to sort that way and not have to create a "new" play list for it.

I do it all the time. I just add a column "Date Added" and sort by it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 1.55.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 1.55.40 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 64

agentkow

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
How to Bring Back Duplicates Now

If you can't wait for them to add back the "find duplicates" feature, and you use iTunes match, just make a smart playlist with the following rule:

iCloud Status > Is > Duplicate

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
The only thing I used Cover Flow with was for browsing my movies. I thought it was a cool way to browse them. Otherwise, I didn't use Cover Flow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.